Thursday, April 4, 2013

Make It Yours....

When you ask Luke what he wants to do, no matter what, he says "paint pottery!" The kid loves to go to Make It Yours!!!!

So... When we were making plans for things to do during break, of course, painting pottery was at the top!!

We went yesterday... He woke up just ready to go! But... Since they didn't open until noon... I had to hold him off. As soon as lunch was over though, we headed right there. ;)

Sometimes it takes Luke hours just to pick his piece to paint. Yesterday, that didn't take too terribly long. Maybe cuz he's already painted half the store, I don't know. ;) He chose an ice cream cone "box" of sorts. The cone and ice cream are two pieces and you could, in theory, put small items in there. I don't know!

It made it easier for him to paint, that's for sure. He chose his colors.... Bright blue with sparkles for the cone... Yellow, purple and green for the ice cream. He painted the cone first and while painting the first coat of yellow on the ice cream, decided he wanted to do sprinkles! I though this was a great idea and impressed he came up with it. (I'm the mom tho, you might not find this as impressive)

We went back to the paint and chose more colors and a smaller brush to makes the sprinkles... And as we began the sprinkles process, who should come through the door? Our cousin Becky!!!! We were so excited to see her!!!!

Luke finished up his project and then helped Becky choose her piece to paint.... And the paints to paint with. We hung our a bit longer before he bored of it... And we then went to Maggie Moo's where we got real ice cream! :)

I heard from Ally yesterday.... But before that, I heard from my friend Brook that she was coming down to see them! Ally and Kennedy went to spend the day with the Manchesters. :). I got pictures and video sent to me all day. Made me so happy to see the pure joy on their faces. I know my girl is having a great time, even if she is a bit homesick.

Link to Spring Break Video Ally and friends made - worth the watch:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA53Z82QAWg




















2 comments:

Kathy said...

Tell Luke his ice cream looks good enough to eat...Aunt Kiki LOVES lemon ice cream!!!!

Kathy said...

WOW was that video cute!!!! HOW did they do that?????