Ally is still having a great time by day in sunny Florida! She does text me at night and seems a little sad. She misses me and home she says in the quiet of the night. So, she and I have devised a little plan and we chat every night. I tell her what I did all day and she shares her day in return. I try to tell her some funny stories and get her mind off the still of the night.
After a while, she will say to me "ok mommy, I can fall asleep now. Thank you. I love you". Our text conversations are keepers for sure.
I miss her lots and know she misses me too. It's good for all of us. Life lesson for her for certain. Ten is tough to be away so long. But she was certain she would be ok and I had to let her try. She is ok honestly..... And I know she's having a blast. The nights are difficult for her even at home. She has to make sure we don't fall asleep first. She hates the thought of being alone. So it's hard when you are someplace else....
She is doing great though. And so are we. :-)
Today, I am at the Chelsea Treehouse with Luke and Grace. Scott is off today too. We are headed to Ann Arbor for some shopping and dinner after we exhaust ourselves here. The kids are loving it. Like has wanted to come here for months and I've been putting it off.
Ally will be back before we know it!!! Until then, Luke is enjoying being an only child.... And having Grace to himself. ;)
Easter was lovely. We went to mass, brunch and then a low key afternoon at Scott's parents. Grace spent the night with us after.... And the kids were wide awake at like 5. Eager to play and get going! Scott and I will require an afternoon Starbucks break!!! Until then... Let the madness continue. Loud as hell here at the Treehouse!!! And Scott has abandoned me for a bike shop. ;). Ha!









2 comments:
Enjoy....Ally will be fine....its hard being a Mom and letting go...
Here is my homepage; themagicmoonlight.com
Post a Comment