So.... we had just a wonderful weekend. Although I had a bit of a cold that kept me from feeling 100%, I still gave the weekend my all. :-) I had to work on Thursday and Friday... a rarity these days. Friday night was pizza and movie night... since Scott's promotion was official Thursday and announced Friday, he had some celebrating to do... so he went out with his department Friday after work. His first official act as Director was to close the office at 4:00 and go to the Crazy Cowboy with everyone. How great a boss is he? ;-)
While Daddy might have missed family movie night, he surely deserved the night out with his own people... and I'm glad he went. We had a little celebration of our own for close friends and family Saturday night... got some Jimmy Johns platters and celebrated at our house with some tasty beverages! It was wonderful for everyone who could to make it on short notice and we missed those that couldn't.
Our cousin Gracie slept over last night.. and the kids stayed up nice and late... and Uncle Scott made french toast for all this morning... we had a fun breakfast with Gracie... and Uncle Adam, Aunt Jane, Jilli and Lyla came after church to join in the fun. It was a nice way to kick start our morning, having them here for breakfast.
We got ready to head out soon after that... as we had a big day ahead of us! We had "baby Rhen's" birthday party this afternoon! Now that Rhen is 2 though, Ally is considering not calling him baby Rhen anymore. I am not so sure Luke can do it. I have visions of Luke calling him baby Rhen when he is 12 and Rhen is 11 still. HA! ;-) It was a wonderful party, with Kristen's family who have been like my family since we were in high school.
After that celebration, we went to my Grandma's house because my mom was making a whirlwind trip through Michigan.... and we also celebrated my Aunt Cyndie's birthday. The kids were really diggin' this twice the ice cream and cake business!!!! ;-) We had a really great afternoon over at my Grandma's and it was great to see my mom and Dave, if only for a little while. Always easier to say goodbye when I know when I am going to see them again.... and Ally and I already have our flights booked for April 2nd!!!!
Pictures to come SOON cuz I got some great pics from this GREAT weekend... but right now, I need to do some printing and Project Life....
Have a great week bloggity-blog friends!!!!!!
2 comments:
Thank you again for coming and spending Rhen's Birthday with us. He LOVES his new gifts and has enjoyed his new broom immensely!!! lol I can't wait to get a pic of him with all his kitchen gear on!! I am glad that we were part of your "wonderful weekend"!! *hugs*
I'm finally catching up on my blog reading! :) Happy Birthday, Rhen! My niece called L "Baby L" until he was about 2. Haha!
Post a Comment