Monday, March 28, 2011

Sibling Love...

Tonite was such a good night. Seriously a perfect afternoon and evening. One of those days that you just want to bottle. I, personally had a super accomplished day at work. Picked Luke up after work and headed to watch Ally at gymnastics. I hadn't seen her do bars in a while and I needed to chat with her coach, so off we went.... Luke was happy to go and see Ally and her girls... Ally rocked the bars and floor. I am amazed at her progress in these past six months. Chatted with her coach about her summer schedule and camp. Whew. That's gonna take some figuring out..... ;)

We came home and I fed the kids dinner right away. They went off to play and I made Scott and I dinner. The kids sat down while we were eating.... Luke had a bowl of cereal and ally did her homework. Scott and I caught up on our day and the kids were happy.....

Ally started tumbling in the living room. A nightly activity here. Luke was trying to do it with her in his own way. She stopped what she was doing and helped him do a front roll. Over and over again. In such a tender way, I wanted to cry. She protected his head and neck while he flipped. And it was just so cute. :).

Then, he asked Ally to read him the two stories he gets at bedtime. They shared hot chocolate before bed and Ally read him his two favorite stories. "My Heart is Like a Zoo" and "L M N O Peas". I went in after to kiss him goodnight and he was so proud to report what she read. He kissed me goodnight and that was that. Silence ever since.

I could get used to Ally having this job nightly. I will even pay her to do it. Although.... I think she was pretty proud she did it and Luke so happy to have her love and attention for that time.

Ugh. They can be so sweet. :). Bottling this moment. :)


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Bottle it up and tuck it away in your memory banks...its a good feeling....