Had such a great weekend. Didn't do anything terribly special. Nothing grand. But it was all the little things that added up to a perfect weekend. Know what I mean??
Ally was pretty sick Wednesday thur Friday. We stayed home all day Thursday and Friday. Not easy for me to do but a necessary evil for Ally to rest and heal. Not easy for her to do either.... So we made the best of it. We played games. She and Luke played together better than I can ever remember them playing. They fought very little. We watched lots of movies and fell in and out of sleep in bed (well ally did!). No naps for me and Luke. ;)
I made her whatever she wanted to eat and just tried to make a crappy couple days, not so bad. She hates being sick. Who doesn't. But she can get rageful.... So I did what I could to help and ease her pain...
By Saturday, she really turned a corner... So I thought we would venture into the land of the living. We all made our way to Briarwood and did lots of shopping for the kids. They both need summer clothes and trying all that warm weather stuff on can really lift your spirits. Scott is such an awesome hubby and dad when it comes to this kind of thing. He comes into the fitting room and watches Ally try things on and makes her feel like a princess. Even Luke would ooh and ahh. ;).
We took it slow and just let the kids take the lead. Stopped shopping to sit and have snacks and something to drink. Stopped to play in the play area. And eventually had dinner at their fave. California Pizza Kitchen. They love that place. :). Scott and I enjoyed wine and the kids were angels....
Today Ally and I went to church and I spent a couple hours with Kristen, just chatting and catching up. A very nice visit. The whole family went to Jane and Adams for dinner and we had a great visit there too. The kids played the day away and we watched Lyla crawl for the first time.
A full and wonderful weekend. Here's to an equally great week!!!!
-- Post From My iPhone
1 comment:
Its sure nice that Scott likes to go to Briarwood with you...and good to hear a post about not being frazzled!
Post a Comment