Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sibling Stuff...

A quick post so I can remember what my kids are up to this evening:

Oh how my children crack me up sometimes.  The make me crazy... make me cry... but more than ever, they make me laugh.....

They have such a love/hate relationship!!!  Remember Ally's explanation that Luke is the bane of her existence??  Well, today she has been nothing but the attentive big sister. She asked if she could get his snack for him. She has spoken kindly and softly to him. Allowing him to play all he wants with her very special "Littlest Pet Shop" toys.

She is feeling rather crappy today... complaining of a sore throat and she feels warm to me. Although I have not taken her temp... it's just a mom's intuition.... she's warm.  ;-)  So.... Luke just walked up to me and announced he is going to do a puppet show for Ally with the pets to "make her feel better."  How freakin' sweet is that???

This is not long after he came stomping out of her room announcing that she won't play with him... to which I responded "Luke, Ally's not feeling well, so she needs to lay down."  He says to me.... "but she got up.... like THIS!!!!"  And proceeds to lay on the floor and demonstrate how one might stand up from a laying down position.  As if to say "she is well enough to STAND... she is well enough to PLAY!"  HAHA!!!!  Kid... you crack me up....  :-))))))

Luke is now dancing and singing to himself in the living room. Every time I look his way he yells "don't look at me Mommy!!!"  ;-)

Daddy just got home... and Luke screams with delight.... "I see Daddy's car! He's home! Daddy!!!!"

We are having the McIntosh tried and true sickness cure...  "runny spaghetti" this evening.  Spaghetti with tomato juice... tons of garlic and butter.  :-)  It cures a cold... sore throat... and the flu.

Here's to hoping Ally feels better... but she has already informed me that she thinks she wants to stay home.... she probably shouldn't have gone to school today as it was... so I am thinking a lazy day could be just what the doctor ordered....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hope your "cure" works....remember, Chicken soup is good too! Luke and Ally are treasures...as I am sure you are aware. Wish I could have captured more of you and Dave and this age! Love you, honey...take care of that little girl...Mom