Usually I am the one with the big mouth in our family. I despise keeping things that are exciting to me from others. I like to share by nature. It's just who I am. If I'm excited about something, I want to shout it to the world. I love sharing because what I really enjoy is others' feedback. I love to talk to people about all sorts of issues... I just like to share!!!!!!!
My hubby is the exact oppossite - USUALLY! ;-)
Last night, I had casually mentioned to Ally that we were going to go to Chicago at the end of March. It has been AGES since she and I have gone. I have gone without her... our friends have come to visit us... but she and I haven't been there in some time. So, we were talking about - who else - Lanie... and I mentioned we could possibly go to The American Girl Place and have lunch when we went to Chicago... and we talked on and on. Of course, now, I anticipate constant questions about how "far away" Chicago is.... how many days until we go? You get the idea.
So, this was last night. Casual conversation between her and I about Chicago.
Then, this morning CLEAR OUT OF THE BLUE, Scott says "Ally - Mommy and I are going to take you to Disney World in a few months!"
WTF???????? It's three months away!!!!!!! In kid time, that's like three YEARS!!!!! I couldn't BELIEVE he told her! And, in the middle of morning chaos no less!!! ;-)
That is such a ME thing to do!!!! I have been DYING to tell her. It has practically taken all the restraint I have to not tell her the past two nights. It was so out of character that I just looked at him, mouth wide open, and then, noticed the seven year old bouncing off the walls......
God help her teacher today..... ;-)
He must be excited. That makes me smile. She is crazy excited... started firing questions immediately. And, when we told her Luke was NOT coming... more wall bouncing. ;-) Ally really loves her time without her little brother sometimes... and I love to give it to her.
Needless to say, the next few months, will be like trying to tame a wild horse. Ally got her patience from me. She will be talking about this until the moment we walk through that park entrance...
Scott and his big mouth. ;-)
1 comment:
Ally will be giddy...the anticipation is always fun...just like Christmas!
Mom
Post a Comment