Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Today's Episode...

... Ally discovers she has CLEAN skinny jeans!  Hip, hip HOORAY!!!!!  Happiness is in the air... but only for a fleeting moment... because then.... (cue the dramatic music...) she learns that she has NO CLEAN TUNICS!!!!  Oh the horror. How will she go on? How will she survive this loss? This devastation?

Good lord.  Seriously.  This morning... Ally woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  Once again, she hid under her covers. She came out of her room just grumbling from the start.  "Mommy, where's Daddy?  Why did you turn my light on so early?  What's for breakfast?  Why is Luke already up?"  All said in the snotty, demanding teenage tone she uses so well...

Then, we have to deal with getting dressed.  The happiness that came from putting on her very favorite pair of dark washed skinny jeans was quickly dismissed when she learned that most of her shirts were still in the washer.  Yes, I am the WORST MOM EVER!!!!!  Nevermind I had to pick up the entire house last night for the cleaning lady to clean today and that I had to feed and entertain two kids on my own because once again, Scott was not home until late... to Ally, none of that really matters... cuz I did not do the one thing she wanted me to do.  Make sure one of her favorite shirts was clean. 

Of course, she did not COMMUNICATE this to me at any given moment.... no, I had no idea before this morning, that now, not only do we DESPISE flare jeans and ONLY want to wear skinny... but we also only want to wear TUNICS......... not regular shirts... not sweaters..... no, no, no........ TUNICS.

I swear to freakin' god....... Ally is making this catholic school decision easier and easier every damn morning! (we are still on the fence about what to do for school next year)  Here is your plaid jumper and white shirt..... you have NO OTHER CHOICES!!!!!!!!!!!

After discovering her FAVORITE tunic was dirty.... asking if I could somehow "spot" clean it (which in my desperation for peace, I actually attempted to no avail!)..... three minutes before she needed to walk out the door..... she then, throws herself back into bed.  Shirtless of course.

This time, Scott, the simple, sausage making man had to step in before I killed her. 

I honestly have no idea what she ended up wearing...... he threw some shirt on her and took her (kicking and screaming most likely) to school. 

Ironically................. this was her last night..... happy as can be, dancing in her room.  You never know when she's gonna turn on you.  ;-)



2 comments:

Urquhart Family said...

I'm anxious to hear what you decide about school. We're on the fence about public vs Catholic too!

Nicole said...

Thanks for encouraging the iPhone purchase. You guys are in Concord right? Do you get good service? Thats my only concern with AT&T. Have you heard weather apple is ending their contract or not? I look online everyday for the release date thats how excited I am. Ahh the little things. :)

Your kiddos are so cute. Ali is cute throwing a fit about not having skinny jeans. How adorable. I used to hate skinny jeans too until i found out how cute they look with flats and uggs! Tunics? I am CRACKING up!!! toooo funny! :)