Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Here's the Skinny....

Every morning has it's challenges in the McIntosh household. I don't think there is a single morning person among us.  The alarm goes off each and every day at 6:00 am.  Neither Scott nor I get out of bed until at least 6:30 or 6:45.  On a good day.  We despise morning.  The only things that get me out of bed are a) I don't want to lose my job and b) I heard the coffee grind and brew so I know it's waiting for me.

Ally is the worst of all.  Every morning, we turn her light on to entice her to get herself out of bed. Every morning, she burrows under the covers.  You can't hide from morning my dear girl.  Believe me.  I've tried!

This morning, Ally was shocked and awed to discover she had no clean skinny jeans.  To most kids, this might be a minor setback.  Most kids would put on another pair of jeans and call it good.  Not. My.  Kid.  No skinny jeans is an invitation to a complete freakin meltdown.  "I HATE FLARE JEANS MOMMY!!!!"  Since when?  Then, why did I spend hundreds of freakin dollars on multiple pair of precious flare jeans you HAD to have at the beginning of the school year???????? (I of course say this in my head..... to her I promise to wash her skinny jeans so they will be fresh for tomorrow)

Then... THEN... she starts in on how she is the biggest of her three best friends... and how she hates being bigger than Ashlee and Jacey.  WTF????  Are you serious here little girl?  Do I have to start worrying about you thinking about your body image already?  NO!  I am so not ready for that.  You are seven my darling child.  YOU ARE SEVEN!  Add to that the fact that you can't even KEEP YOUR SIZE SIX jeans up..... you are NOT BIG!  Good lord.  Girl drama.  It was just too early in the morning and I hadn't had enough coffee for such girl drama.

You should have seen Scott's face.  He looks at me and says "I made sausage! I am a simple man honey.  I made sausage. You handle this."  :-))))))))))))  He has a hard time understanding a body image problem, let alone a body image problem at seven years of age... at SEVEN IN THE MORNING.

Seriously..... that private school uniform is looking better and better every day!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Does SHE know about uniforms???

And NO JEANS for school??????

Good Luck!