Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feelin' Good....

I booked our hotel for Scottsdale.... after reserving and cancelling MULTIPLE hotels.... and spending more time on Trip Advisor than I care to share... I finally made a decision, booked it, and PAID for it all in advance to save hundreds! I am just so happy to have the decision behind me.

We decided to go with a more budget hotel in Old Town than a more lavish resort. Scott and I are thinking this trip is going to be more about getting out and about and seeing and doing lots, rather than lounging around our room or the pool..... so we are really happy with our decision!!!! The amount we saved by going this route, will pay for our food and drink the entire week... so that leaves extra $$$ to do lots of other things... such as shopping. ;-)

Also... Scott recently found out he has the opportunity to attend a conference in Orlando in May, so we are going to make a family trip around that opportunity and take Ally to Disney World! Something we have been talking about doing and trying to fit into our lives for some time. I have been trying to figure out the "perfect age and time" to take her for a while... and this came up and it just seems like fate! We are supposed to take her this year! May to be exact!

So.... for Mother's Day, I will be in Disney World with my hubby and the happiest seven year old on the planet! I cannot wait to take her!

Growing up, my Grandma Rita took each of her grandchildren when we turned five. COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!! I also got to go when my brother turned five. Benefit of being the older sibling. :-)))))))) So, since Ally turned five, I've had Disney on my mind....

Scott's conference is at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando.... so we will likely stay there. Who can pass up an opportunity to stay at the Ritz? Come on. For free no less. His airfaire will be paid for... I found Ally's and mine for about $200. Not bad. Then, I went to the Disney site and got the shock of a lifetime......... tickets to Disney are FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE!!!!! Holy crap! That's JUST my admission to the park???? I probably have to drop another small fortune to do a bunch of things........... that's craziness. Just crazy.

So, with that, we realize this is as cheap as we will ever be able to do Disney... so we have to jump on it. No lodging costs. Limited airfare and food costs (cuz Scott's meals are covered).... just have to pay the insane admission prices.....

But, I know when I see Ally's face all lit up when we see Cinderella's Castle..... it will be more than worth the price of admission!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Urquhart Family said...

You'll love the Ritz in Orlando!!! I've been there for a few conferences myself. Beautiful! Enjoy your trip to Disney!!!!

Sadie said...

You are so lucky! I think 7 is the perfect age-it's still magical, but she will remember it! Disney is offering free admission for a day if you volunteer for a day at an organization like Habitat for Humanity-there's a whole list to choose from. Go to DisneyParks.disney.go.com
I tried to link it for you, but it wouldn't let me. It's called Give a Day, Get a Day. Enjoy your trip!

Nicole said...

Awesome! She will have a blast. Are you taking Luke?

We went to Disney with Porter was 16 months old. Mainly because we were vacationing with some friends in Orlando and Porter's ticket was free. We want to take the boys when Hudson is 3 or 4. I have a feeling I should start saving soon because you're right... the tickets are ungodly expensive!