Monday, February 22, 2010

Sickness Sucks...

I am home sick today and it truly SUCKS!!!!  Last week, I felt like I was fighting something on and off all week. Scott had a bad cold, horrid sore throat, sniffles and cough. He slept on the couch half the week to try to spare me.  Ally was tired and cranky all week... maybe fighting it.  Luke woke up Friday with the sniffles, but they lasted one day. 

Yesterday, I woke up with a scratchy throat. I was hoping I just needed some water... no such luck.  :-(  Throughout the day I just felt worse and worse and worse.  It is a NASTY little cold I have.  Body aches... sore throat... congestion... headache.... and a low-grade fever.  Truly blows.  I haven't slept for two nights, the aches and pains are just too great to let me get comfortable enough to sleep. This sucks.

It has been a rough winter for us it seems.  We have had some nasty viruses go through our house time and time again.  Luckily (knock on wood) not one of these bugs has turned into an infection for the kids. We haven't had an ear infection or sinus infection.... yet.  If spring could just get here soon and some warmth could make us all feel  a bit better.

All this stupid snow doesn't make me feel any better at all.  Just looking out on it makes me grumpy in fact.  I am sick of winter. I am sick of cold.  I am sick of snow and how "dirty" it makes everything.  I'm sick of my dirty muddy ass garage... and snowy wet dogs dragging all that wetness in... and snow boots.... and.....

I'm in quite the mood this morning, huh?  ;-)  Sorry to be such a downer. We all have our days.....

Keep looking forward! Arizona with Scott is just around the corner!!! And, going part time after that..... spring is sure to follow on the heels of all that fun!

Happy Monday friends........ hope you are all feeling healthy this week!!!

3 comments:

Chrystal said...

I've had what you have for the last 5 days. Blah! (Great way to spend the weekend.) Today, I am finally feeling somewhat better - just a runny nose, which I can deal with. Hope you feel better soon!

Urquhart Family said...

I'm starting to feel a cold coming on too...Ty's nose started to run yesterday...cough today. I agree - I'm SO sick of winter!!! Feel better soon.

Nicole said...

I'm sick of winter too-- and nice and grumpy. Spring break better come fast!