Thursday, February 11, 2010

Special Delivery...

My mom arrived from Las Vegas this morning...

Everyone knew she was coming.  All her sisters in town, her sister out of town, me, and random strangers I might tell on the street. Everyone, that is, except my Grandma.

I picked my mom up around 11... and we drove straight to Starbucks.  Crappy Delta Airlines coffee wasn't cutting it (trying to see who else I can get in trouble around here  ;-) )...

Then, I gave my Grandma a call.  The conversation went a little something like this:

"Hi Grandma!"
"Well, hi Nika!" (what my gma calls me)
"Are you going to be home?  I have something to drop off for you?"
"Yes... I will be here" (she is sounding concerned and confused...)
"Okay, I'm on my way... see you in bit..."

Hee hee... it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

We got to her house and I walked up to the door.  My mom stayed around the corner in the front of the house... I knocked... Grandma came to the door, hug, hug, happy to see me... and I turn around and say "I brought something for you...." and out pops my mom.

Hands down one of the coolest moments ever.  My Grandma could not have been more surprised... and just downright HAPPY!!!!!!!  She hugged my mom for like an hour.... shed a few tears..... and I was just so happy to be a part of that moment of pure joy......

It's not everyday you get a surprise delivery all the way from Las Vegas....

2 comments:

Sharin said...

How awesome... I love it!!!! Enjoy!

PattiMcKenna said...

This is such a cool story! Love that you decided to surprise your grandma, can imagine the squeals of joy!