Have you missed me? This week has been certifiably insane!!!!!!! It all started with being sick on Monday. I could not drag myself into work... I was completely out of it all day and night Monday. I lost that entire first day of my week. So, that means I have been playing catch up ever since. Catching up at work... catching up at home... mentally catching up! I still don't know what day it is... which is just SAD since it's Friday and that's a GOOD thing!
So........ I lost Monday.... delerious with sickness and fever.... an entire day, gone! Ally stayed home with me all day Monday since she had a snow day, and I must say... the girl was an ANGEL! Mommy was totally out to lunch all day... in and out of sleep on the couch or in bed... and Ally just took it all in stride. Watched movies, played her DS and read. Thank you for putting up with me Allison Jane!
Tuesday, I pulled it together and went to work. Was still not feeling great, but duty calls...... Wednesday things were getting better... but I was still so tired. I am not sleeping well at night because a lovely cough keeps me up half the night, but that is now getting better as well.
Yesterday, I went to Kalamazoo because my Dad was having surgery on his back. He had some vertebrae fused together because of some horrid pain he was experiencing in his legs. My Dad has a mild form of Muscular Dystrophy, so he had always blamed this pain he has felt for some time, on that disease. It is actually a GOOD thing that it was his back and something that could be FIXED rather than a progression of his disease and something he may have to live with for the rest of his life.
The surgery took far longer than anyone anticipated.... and he took even longer to come out of recovery.... more than 8 hours of surgery is no joke people! I can't imagine..... :-( Unfortunately, I had to get back and get the kids to bed before I could see him, but I hear that, while in some pain and having some spasms... he is doing well and his legs are not as painful as they were! Maybe surgery was a success? Possibly too early to tell..... but I am hopeful!
Always scary in my opinion... any major surgery like that..... and there is always cause for some level of concern. But, my Dad is strong and will come out better for having gone through this. I know that. Unfortunately, he can't play golf all summer...... and that is a huge bummer for him. :-(
I'm back at work today...... and looking forward to going out with some girls tonight to support a friend from high school at an art show she is having at The Bon Ton Room. Totally need this girls' night out!!!!!!!!!
Happy Friday everyone.........
1 comment:
I hope you can kick that cold soon! You have a trip you seriously need to start shopping for haha!! And i hope your dad is recovering well.... all i can keep thinking is mexico mexico mexico!
Post a Comment