Monday, August 25, 2008

The Windy City...

Ally and I had a wonderful visit to Chicago this past weekend! We drove there Friday morning, and met Beth and Isabel at Big Bowl as soon as we got into town.  I am in love with Coconut Curry Chicken!!!! YUM!  After a fabulous lunch.... we walked over to the American Girl Place.

The girls were absolutely GIDDY!  They knew they were going to each get the Doll of the Year, Mia.  Ally already has a book about her and Mia looks just like Isabel... so it was exciting for both of them. They were truly in their own personal heaven... squealing when they see the place, grabbing the dolls of the shelf immediately.  Then, they ran all over the store looking at everything else.  It was so much fun to watch and be a part of....

They had to hold each other's hand as they walked around the City.  Two of the cutest little girls you will ever see!  (personal opinion of course - and a bit biased!)

We didn't stay downtown long... you can only keep the girls from opening the dolls for so long.  They were anxious to get home and open the dolls!  And... of course, put on the matching shirts that we got them as well.  We bought each of the girls a shirt to match their dolls, and each other.  These are like sweatshirts! And... it's like 90 degrees... but they HAD to wear them!  And, they had to go outside in them.  It was precious....

I will have to do another post.... I can only upload so many pictures at one time!  Here are the girls at Big Bowl and American Girl...







1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I ♥ Chicago! Cut epics of the girls too!