Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday's Alright for Fighting...




It's Saturday... and I will be home alone with the two kids all day long!  Scott is off at an all day bachelor party.  They party needs to begin with golfing first thing in the morning, then eating, then card playing into the wee hours of the night?  Who knows how late he will be.  Ahh.... no matter... I am going to TRY to attempt to accomplish great things while I am home today.  

Yeah.  Right.

I am home with the KIDS!!!  Baby who requires constant attention and then, there's Ally.  For those of you that know (and love!) her... you know the handful that she can be.  Whew.  For those of you that don't know her.  Hmmm?  How to explain.  Ally is a handful and a half.  She is a stronger than strong willed little girl who is fearless.  Least of all, afraid of me!  So... we shall see what this Saturday, the two of us home together shall bring...

Like I said... Saturday's alright for fighting.....

Let's keep a positive attitude about us though and hope it doesn't come to that!  But, the girl already beckons.  She is staring a hole through me right now.  Her latest ploy - being hungry ALL the time!  ALL THE TIME!  The problem - she takes two bites of a meal when it is in front of her.  Two bites of her oatmeal and turkey sausage this morning... then, she announces "I'm full!"  Okay.  Two can play at that game.  Her food remains at the table.  So, when she proclaims that she is hungry 10 minutes later, I can let her know that her breakfast is still there.

Children are starving in Africa after all.....

So, now she has finished the breakfast and wants more.  Of course she does!  I will make her more and she will take two bites of that.  Guarantee you.  

Oh.... oh... here it comes.... she just made her first announcement of "I want Daddy" of the day. More to follow.  You know I will hear that 50 or so more times today!  We always want the one we can't have.  Fact of life.  Not to mention, Daddy might have an answer for her that is different than the answer I will give her today from time to time when she tries to manipulate me into getting her way.  In her dreams!  

Daddy and I are a unified front!  On the same team!  Little does she know.... but the girl can dream, can't she? "Sure Daddy would let me watch TV all the live-long day!  Surely Daddy would let me drink all the juice I want.  Daddy rocks.  You, Mom-who-is-here-with-me-right-now ----- you, on the other hand suck the big one."  :-)))

Oh, and she will let me know it.... routinely! 

Ah... a glimpse into a day in the life of a five year old girl, convinced she is a teenager!!!!!!

My martini is calling.  Holy crap!  It's only 10 am!  HA!

I love my darling daughter.  I try to remind myself daily that she is a strong person who will be happy later in life because she will likely get her way quite often. She will stand up for herself.  She will never be the girl in the bad relationship because she will never let herself be taken advantage of.  She will have the upper hand. She will do what makes her happy in her career.  In her life.  She is going to be a strong, independent, happy woman.

If only we both survive to see that day!  It will be a glorious day.

I know in my heart we will get through these rough times... but it doesn't make it any easier when we are in the midst of a really bad battle.  I wonder time and time again what I'm doing wrong!?  What did I do to create this?  Deserve this?

God doesn't give you more than you can handle I've heard.... boy, he must have more faith in me and my abilities than I do!  


2 comments:

Kathy said...

That's MY grandaughter you're talking about....and by the way, I remember a certain little "Nika" who had her Dziadzia wrapped around his little finger as well. I think the strong-willness runs back to your father's side of the family ;-)
Mom

Geralyn Macklin said...

I'm with your mom on this one Nick. : ) See you tomorrow! Hope today went better than you expected!