WARNING - THIS IS GOING TO BE A NEGATIVE, COMPLAINING, BITCHY POST!!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you! I am having one of THOSE weeks! It's a good thing I had an amazing weekend last weekend... cuz this week has really been nothin' but bad!
First of all... we have ANTS. A horrid ant family of about ten thousand has invaded our home. They just started in my bathroom, just a few. They were small. Tiny really. I thought nothing of it. Then, they appeared in the hall bath... then... here and there and EVERYWHERE! They are the tiniest of all ants... but still really gross! And, of course, just in time for Luke to be crawlling!
I called Aardvark Pest Control... and they came out to have a look. $260 later... I have my ant problem taken care of! Seriously!!! $260!!! What can you do? We've tried the "traps" ourself... the internal spraying makes me nervous. They are going to do a perimeter treatment. So... I can stop my ants from marching... but it's gonna cost me. Big time!
Luke's cold is still hanging on and he's been tugging at his left ear a lot and generally still miserable. I am taking him to the doctor today. In the middle of the busy week I have had so far, I have had to leave work for many, many reasons... to be home for the exterminator... to take Luke to the doc. I have to leave early for Ally's Kindergarten Orientation and Open House this evening. Early Friday for a rehearsal dinner for a wedding Scott's in this weekend....
SPEAKING of said wedding...... I JUST found someone to watch the kids for it yesterday. Talk about STRESS! I seriously thought I was going to have to take a five year old and an 8 month old to a wedding.... that their Daddy is IN... so he wouldn't even been able to help me! HUGE thanks to my Aunt Kris. HUGE HUGS! You are a life savor! It's so hard to get babysitters... even more difficult on a holiday weekend.....
And then, there is the concert. Forever ago, Scott and I got tickets for a concert this Friday evening at DTE Energy Music Theater ( I still want to call it Pine Knob... especially since I work for Consumers Energy!!! ). The concert is Maroon 5, Counting Crows, Augustana and Sarah Barilles (sp?). I went on Ticket Master when they went on sale... and through them, not some broker - ie Stub Hub - we got FIFTH ROW CENTER for this concert! I could not pass this up... even though the tickets were VERY expensive! I thought for the amount of bands at the show... it would just be too fun! What a fun way for Scott and I to close out the summer? We just love live shows... and while it's not DAVE... it would still be an amazing show.... right?
Well, then, he was asked to be in a wedding... and I didn't even THINK to check the concert date until like a month ago....
Of course, the concert date is on the date of the rehearsal and dinner. He can't miss that!!! It's the wedding of his oldest friend.....
So... I posted these tickets on Stub Hub, through our company E Classifieds section, told everyone I know that I have them...... NO LUCK! It's so hard to think of the money we are wasting... let alone such GREAT seats going to waste...... so I'm still stressin' about that......
Ally starts school next week! I can't even believe it. I just can't. I don't feel like I'm ready! I feel like I should be more prepared or something......
Worst of all... I feel like I'm going to be one of those awful mothers that can never help out in the classroom cuz I work... and can never do all those types of things I feel like I "should" do......
Feeling inadequate is such a secondary feeling of parenting... mothering... is it not???
I must stop typing now. I must stop complaining!
Like Thumper says... "If you can't say something nice... don't say anything at all..."
I've definitely said too much!!!!!
4 comments:
Ants.... eww. We have HUGE ants in our house... just randomly we'll see one of those big honkin black ants. We assume its just b/c no one lived here for so long... I'm hoping they'll figure out that the No Vacancy sign is off and find somewhere else to live. $260... yikes.
That sucks about the concert/wedding. I was reading and was like... hmmm sounds like a 'positive' part of the post... then I got to the part about it being the night of rehearsal dinner. have you posted on Craigslist?
Don't worry about not being able to help in Ally's room... seriously moms that work are more the norm. In our 1st grade room the past few years we've only had tops- 3 or 4 moms that came in to help. Teachers (well, at least me and the teacher I work with) don't think anything of it and completely understand- everyone has a job to do and not everyone can be a SAHM or take days off to come in and help. And, you can always be involved in after school things like programs and stuff like that and help out that way. :) How exciting that Ally is starting school. Is she going to Concord?
Okay... quick update... I sold the tickets! Not for what we paid... but something is BETTER than NOTHING and someone else will go and enjoy... that is a GOOD thing!
I am so glad Aunt Kiki is stepping up in the role of pseudo-grandma....Thanks Kris! Glad you sold the tickets and all will be well...enjoy the weekend!!! Mom (The terrible Grandma!)
Glad to see you sold the tickets! I would have loved to have helped you out with those, but I'm heading out for scrapbooking. Do you scrapbook? Would you be joining us one of these times on our monthly night outs?? We've seen Dave at the DTE, I believe 3 times now. Did you go to the concert that had the big thunderstorm right as they were going to start?? Yeah We were there for that one and of course had lawn seats. But lawn seats are the best at Dave concerts, well ANY seats are best at Dave concerts!!
Post a Comment