Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where Oh Where Could She Be....

I know, I know.... talk about a blogging SLACKER!  I have not posted in forever... add to that, the last couple times I HAVE posted, there have been no pictures, and I really suck all-around!!!  Sorry! So sorry. It's just been busy... and I haven't even taken pictures OFF my camera, let alone upload them to Blogger.

Must get on this!!!!!!!

I have so many things to write about!  Since I last blogged:
  • Ally and I went to Chicago and went to American Girl for brunch
  • I had a great girls' night out in Detroit and saw Chelsea Handler
  • We celebrated Easter!
  • I visited Queens School and have thought long and hard about where Ally will go to school next year
  • My house has turned into a complete disaster area as I fired my cleaning lady and have not hired a new one yet  (learned a valuable lesson here, I cannot keep a house clean!!!  ha!)
  • We are considering some major work in the back yard (fence and decking)
  • Ally contracted and fought off strep throat
  • I fought off a nasty cold
  • The kids continue to say and do the funniest things
It's been kind of crazy, fun-filled and busy around here.  But, all good things!!!  I have been busy filling up the summer as well... planning weekends to Chicago, and other random events.  I love looking at my calendar and having many things to look FORWARD to. I am a planner by nature... and I like to have things on the horizon........

Some things we have to look forward to:
  • A shower for my sister-in-law Jane to celebrate the TWINS!
  • Disney World!!!!!
  • Ally's ballet recital
  • My sister AND cousin graduating from high school and their PARTIES!!!!!
  • The actual arrival of the TWINS!!!!
  • Summer concerts!!!  U2... Dave Matthews Band... David Gray and Ray LaMontagne so far
  • A Chicago weekend in July and again in August
  • A girls' overnight trip to the Ann Arbor Art Fair
  • Work retreats to South Haven for both Scott and I
  • Many, many days at my Dad and Geri's pool!!!!!
I find that I am so much happier now that the days are warmer and longer... the sun shines... and I just can handle things with a better perspective it seems.  Why oh why do I continue to live in the Midwest when I KNOW winters get me down???  I do wonder if I would appreciate and LOVE spring/summer as much if I didn't have to suffer through winter?  ;-)

Okay, updates to come on all the big, recent events....... pictures from Easter and Chicago!  PROMISE!!

1 comment:

Urquhart Family said...

HA! I just fired my cleaning lady too...and now I know why I had one in the first place! :) And I agree about the sun & warm weather!!