.... all my troubles seemed so far away....... ;-) Could NOT help myself. A little Beatles on a Friday for ya. Okay, I'm a total dork. I realize this.........
So, really... yesterday was my day off this week. Working today. And what an AMAZING day to have been home! It was 82, sunny and just plain gorgeous out!!! Grace came to spend the day with us.... and she and Luke had a great time together. It was seriously so nice to have her there. She and Luke played outside together.... played in the playroom in the basement... played in Luke's room... and the favorite place of all, they spent a lot of time in Ally's room. Ally, of course, was at school... and I think Grace just likes playing with all her "big girl" things. She fell in love with one of her headbands.... read her books.... and just sat on her bed and took it all in. It was pretty cute........
I had a new cleaning lady (HOORAY!) come over so I could meet with her yesterday and I am so excited for her to get started on my house! She is crazy detail oriented and is going to ROCK! She is totally hired...... the kids were eating lunch while she was there and they were pretty good. I heard a lot of laughing though. For the first time, I tried the Earth's Best chicken nuggets (out of pure starvation) and damn if they weren't tasty!!! YUM!!!! No wonder the kids put them away! :-)
Kristen and Rhen came over for a little while in the afternoon.... just around nap time, which was nice cuz she and I got a chance to talk and inhale a lot of hummus and pita chips..... :-)))) I even had some time to do some loads of laundry and pick up the house after she left... and then, the little ones were up and it was time to go get Ally!
We had to go into Jackson for Ally's appointment with the ENT. Good times. Ally had a wart removed from inside her nose last year, and it has grown back.. or another has grown in the same spot or very near... the doctor was not sure. Either way, she had to have a quick consultation and we had to schedule her surgery. The visit yesterday was nothing at all. NOTHING..... but Ally worked herself into an absolute FIT!!!!! She was inconsolably crying, so much so, that the doctor didn't quite know how to handle her. I had Luke with me too, so of course, he freaked out and cried and cried...... good lord. I hate the ENT... I always wait forever in the waiting room... then, forever more in the actual exam room.... then, the doctor is there for like 2 minutes..... then, I had to wait forever for a scheduler to come in and schedule surgery. To which, Ally FREAKED OUT AGAIN when she heard it's next week. Good god.............. there was no wine waiting for me when I walked out of there. Completely unacceptable......... ;-)
After we left... I took the kids fora little picnic dinner! It was so gorgeous out, we decided to eat outside.. and enjoy the day! We had time after dinner, and before we went to ballet, so we stopped at the playground at St. Johns (near where Ally goes to ballet) and I let them play for a while..... burn off energy.... kill half an hour.
I took Ally to ballet, got her settled and busted ass to Master Cuts to get Luke's hair cut! It was a long shot that it was going to work, but I had to at least try!!!! My time is extremely limited as Ally's class isn't even a hour... but we made it! We got to the "salon" and Luke started to freak out... but I held firm. The girl we got this time.seemed much more sure of herself and assured me that she has a two year old who cries too. Luke screamed at first... but I held him to me... and once she started, I think he actually LIKED IT!!!!! He totally calmed down and he was fine........ so long as I held him tight. ;-) Either way... he looks SO great! Old!!! Like a little boy and not a baby!!!!!!!!!! Between that and his "big boy" jammies yesterday (no fuzzy footie jammies)... he just grew up in a day! ;-)
We busted back to get Ally... and then, we went to the Tasty Treat to meet Daddy for ice cream!!!!!! We noticed it was open on our way out of town, but didn't have the time to stop...... you can't miss out on the opening days of the Treat in Concord. It's shameful......... so we all enjoyed our ice cream... headed home for some MUCH needed baths...... and got to bed! It was a VERY busy, but great fun-filled day!!
Working today.... heading home soon to go get Ally and relieve Traci from the grumpuss that is Luke. He was not happy this morning when I left. Traci will be coming back tomorrow evening because Scott surprised me with tickets to go see Jerry Seinfeld at the Fox in Detroit! We are very much in need of a date night out! Cannot wait..........
No comments:
Post a Comment