Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To Ally...

My Dearest Ally:

The other day you said to me that I have nothing else to write about in this blog but you (and Luke).  It made me think about how you perceive me.  My girl... I love you. I love you more than anything on this here earth (except Daddy and Luke of course!), but you are not my entire life.  No... you COMPLETE my life... but you are not MY LIFE.

My life is made up of many parts... many people play a role. That role does not belong to you alone.  You often think you are... but you are not the only star in the show.  ;-)

I am your Mommy... this is true. But, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a friend and a co-worker to many.  There are many, many people I love in my life.... and I need them all.

I also belong to me.  I have my own personal interests. I need me. I need me time. I need to be alone.  I cannot always belong to everyone... I cannot always belong to you. If I give you everything, what do I have left? What good am I to anyone???

I want you to see all these pieces of me.  I know Daddy feels the same.  We want you to know we love eachother so much that we have to leave you once in a while and remember why we married one another in the first place! Without that love, there would be no YOU!!!

I have to go out with my girlfriends (lots!) cuz they give me something neither you nor Daddy ever can... and I will always come home recharged and refreshed... a better Mommy and a better wife because of that time.  In time, you will understand this.  Remember this Ally, my girl... girlfriends are the soul in your life! They are your rock in times of complete shit... they laugh with you... cry with you... and understand you like no other...

I have things to write about that do not involve you Ally... but that doesn't mean you are any less important to me.... it's those things that make you more important to me.... you will see this in time.

Until then, I might let you believe in your little charade.  ;-)  All this will become clear in time.... and hopefully I will raise you to be the best wife (if you so choose!), mother (if you so chose!), daughter, sister, cousin, friend and co-worker you can be!!!

I love you to pieces,

Mommy

3 comments:

Urquhart Family said...

Beautifully written! And couldn't agree more!!! :)

Kathy said...

Wow! How profound....I hope she gets to read this someday...
Mom

Nicole said...

fabulous!!!

i couldnt agree more!