It has been a really great day..... I will try not to make this one of those posts that make you want to barf or poke me in the eye with a pencil... but it's been a good one!
It's always touch and go... Mondays... you never know what you're going to get. All-in-all.... working part-time has improved my Mondays. I never really minded them. (you can smack me now, I don't care) Honestly. Sometimes I PRAYED for Monday to come around, depending on how my children were all weekend. But, most of the time, I enjoy my job... and the work I do... the people I work with even more... the time to be doing something that is mine... and USING my brain!!!!
I will say this though.... Mondays are even better when you're part time!!!! Five hours is as long as my work day is. And four days is the sum of my work week! (now you can really bring on the smacks!)
I am LOVING part time. I feel SO MUCH less stressed about everything. My job is less stressful, cuz well, there's LESS of it! Things around the house are a bit less stressful because I have some more time to focus on them. Between me and my cleaning lady, we have this house in GREAT order right now and I feel fabulous about that!
The kids really seem to enjoy having me around more... I feel like I'm making this choice for them and they are rewarding me (most of the time) by acting out just a little less. This is, of course, not universal... they still have their moments (and WHAT moments they are), but all-in-all... I think they enjoy a bit more focused attention from Mom!
Luke has taken it to an extreme though. Maybe he would have done this anyway, but right now he is going through an "only Mommy can do anything for me" phase...... and it's SOOOOO tough! Scott can't put him to bed, feed him, get him a drink, change his diaper... he can't do anything without Luke losing his shit... so I tend to just do everything to save the peace. This, of course, is not a good way to save my sanity.... but we are working on it.
Sunday, Scott tried to just take the kids ANYWHERE... even if it was to the basement to play... to keep them out of my hair and give me a break in my own house. I took a nap.... I just enjoyed some Luke-free time! ;-) I have learned to do almost everything while carrying Luke... and let me tell you, his two-year old, 29 pound self tends to get a little heavy after a while..... ;-) But, it's how I keep my arms in shape I suppose. ;-)
So....... today was a good Monday. I had a great day at work.... feeling on top of everything I have going on there. I had lunch and coffee with coworkers... got all that good socializing that comes from my job and working with some close friends! And, then, after work and school... the kids and I went to Target and I didn't KILL THEM! They were actually very, very good and allowed me to get many of the things I needed to get for Jane's upcoming shower and other random items. God knows there are always a ton of random items you need when you go to Target!!!!!
Then, we came home..... and had a peaceful dinner together. Scott is gone tonight and the kids have been angels. They are now playing outside, together, alone, as happy as can be... and I have the time and ability to write this blog post!!!!! WOW!!!
I am sipping on a glass of wine.... the house is picked up... the kids are smiling.... I am feeling good right now...... feeling good........
Happy Monday blog friends!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fairy tale.....enjoy!
Mom
Good for you!!!!
Post a Comment