Wednesday, April 7, 2010

American Girl in the Windy City...

Ally and I traveled to Chicago for a girls' weekend a couple weeks back!  It was a GEAT mix of adult girls' night out... American Girlie fun... and a laid back night in.  It was seriously like a perfect weekend! The best part?  Being at my friends' Beth and Scott's is no different than being home... I am that comfortable and at ease there. I consider it my second home!  Such a nice, relaxing time anytime I am there.  I am so lucky to have one of my very best friends with a daughter who is one of my daughter's very best friends!

Friday night, we got in and the kids stayed home with Scott (not my hubby, Beth's!).  Beth and I went out to meet a girlfriend for some sushi then we went to see a friend's show at Davenports.  I have an amazing, talented friend, Tony who can sing like nobody's business!

The next day, Ally and I had to get to American Girl for brunch bright and early!!!!!!  We got all dressed up and headed to Michigan Ave.... Ally was as thrilled as you can imagine any little girl would be!























































































After eating and shopping, Ally decided she just had to have Lanie's hair done...































































Overall, the American Girl experience (hard to call it just a store as it is so much more!) was a great experience. We had such a great time just the two of us.  I just love, love, love having a little girl.  Love me the girlie stuff!  :-)

After American Girl... we ventured out onto Michigan Ave to do some REAL shopping....

































































We shopped some.... went back for lunch.... went out to the park.... then shopped some more... then my friend Chelsea came over to Beth's and we ordered in Thai... and had some drinks.... it was an all around perfect day!!!!

The kids played and played and put on a little performance for us, the umbrella was their favorite prop!



















We left on Sunday... but not after a visit from Tony... like I said... the man can SING... and my daughter wants nothing more than to one day BE a SINGER... so she pretty much idolizes him.  He came over for a bit to appease the kiddos and we went to get our Starbucks fix together....



















A GREAT WEEKEND IN THE WINDY CITY!!!!

3 comments:

It's A Wonderful Life said...

An American Girl store just opened up here! I am saving my money. Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to take Ava there. Looks like Ally and Lanie had the perfect day! Isn't it great to have girls??

Kathy said...

All I can say is WOW.....

Love, Mom

jane said...

I can't wait to take all my girls to the American Girl store!! Looks like you girls had a wonderful time in Chi-town as usual. The relationship with Beth and Isabel is so special.