Friday, April 30, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Everywhere I look, everyone I talk to, every blog I read... people are overwhelmed and busy right now!!!  Something is in the air, something is in the water... I don't know, but all around me, I see and hear about everyone's schedules of craziness!!!

We are no exception around here, but I have had this odd sense of peace about it all as of late.  Yes, I have about ten zillion things to do for a shower this Sunday, but I love the fact that a whole bunch of ladies are getting together to celebrate what I consider to be one of the greatest miracles I will even witness!  My sis in law having identical twin baby girls!  I have found lately that I am getting REALLY excited about their arrival.... maybe some sort of baby fever of my own that Jane will take care of by having a couple babies!  HA!!! I think it's just so exciting because it's rare... and amazing... and I have watched her go through hell to carry these girls..... So, today I will run around town with my kids and buy wine and flowers and pretty plates so we can all celebrate!  And, the kids will beg for popcorn and candy... and I will try not to bite their heads off...  ;-)

We are heading off to Orlando next Friday... and I have not even started thinking about packing or what we need for that trip.  I do believe that it will be easier since Luke is staying here and Ally is a bit more easy to pack for!  Ally is getting so excited about all of it. Disney. The hotel.  The pool. But, I truly think what she might be the most excited about... is the fact that Luke is not going.  ;-)  I swear to you, she mentions this DAILY!!!! I don't blame her. He has become very clingy lately and is a total mama's boy right now. He is very demanding of our time, especially mine... and she longs for some of that time!

Yesterday, Luke seemed to be fighting a cold, so he stayed with his Nana and Papa while I took Ally to ballet.  Then, Scott went and got him so Ally and I could just come home and get ready for bed. He chatted with his parents for a bit... and Ally and I got some time to snuggle, just the two of us.... when Luke walked through the door... you could just hear and FEEL the sigh come out of her.  She knew that I would have to be the one to put him down (as he will not accept Scott reading to him lately) and her special time with me just ended....

So, I am so very glad we decided to take this trip with just her. She deserves some special time too!

I have to somehow get both of our hair cut in the next week before we go... and I haven't even started to really think of what else we might need for the trip!  Hmmm... maybe I should get on that.  ;-)

Luke is still sleeping... it's after 8..... he rarely sleeps this late unless he goes to bed quite late.  I have been wide away since 6.  Craziness!  Both the kids have dentist appointments today. Good times. That was sarcasm in case you missed it. They both hate the dentist. Doctors of any kind really.  I will be one, hot and sweaty, stressed out mama when we walk out of that office this afternoon!!!! There aren't enough little crappy toys in the world to make them like that place.....  ;-)

Well, I'm off to make one of my famous "to-do" lists.... so I can actually remember all the things I need to do in the next two days.  :-)  Wish me luck......

2 comments:

jane said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you have and are doing for the shower. It will be really special to celebrate this miracle with you!! No need for you to have any more babies, I got enough to go around, lol!!

Nicole said...

ahh have a great weekend!!!! sounds like lots of fun stuff to look forward to! :)