Monday, May 3, 2010

No Words...

There are really no words to describe to you what my daughter has done today.  No. Words.

I pick her up from school and head over to Nana and Papa's to pick up Luke.  We wait for Luke to wake up from his nap, and Nana graciously lets Ally have a bowl of ice cream.  AFTER giving her the choice of ice cream bar OR ice cream... because when Luke and Grace get up, they were going to have ice cream bars.  So.... Ally picks ice cream. Then, has some cookies.  Life is really tough for Ally right now.  Can you feel it?

Then, Luke and Grace get up and have their ice cream bars..... and Ally LOSES HER SHIT!!!! She wants an ice cream bar!! It's NOT FAIR!!!  She didn't know how big they were. She just runs away and around the yard... and proceeds to have a full on two year old temper tantrum at the age of seven. She is yelling at everyone. She yells at Nana cuz "she gave her the choice!"

I'm sure you can really feel for her now. The poor child has a choice of ice cream bar or BOWL of ice cream... has a bowl of ice cream... and is now deprived of the bar.  GOOD GOD!

She screams... and screams... and screams... I have finally had enough and tell her to get in the car. She is not stopping her rant.

She gets in the car. I wrestle Luke in the car (he doesn't want to go home and is now throwing a fit of his own, not to be outdone by his sister of course!). We start to drive home. She is completely losing it in the back seat. Screaming.  Kicking. Saying horrid things.  I turn on to our street and stop the car and tell her to get out if she is going to talk to me like that. She can walk home. She looks horrified.  I drive on. She starts in AGAIN!  I stop the car.  I take her out of the car. I drive away........... (we are less than a block from home on our street... don't call social services on me!)..... I drive slowly and watch her run behind me.

Okay....... you can judge away people...... if you are lucky enough to have a fabulously well-behaved child... you will not understand this at all.  My daughter is no where on the scale of easy going... she is challenging on a good day.... today, she is beyond a challenge........

She ran home..... and continued to get in my face and yell at me.  Wow.  Just wow.  Impressive.

She is in her room now and has been since we got home. She is screaming and throwing a fit in there. She will not calm down. She wants Daddy.  Obviously he is a better person.  She is lucky her Daddy is not home.

She is yelling at me that she is bored. Wow.  Who knew punishment was supposed to be fun....
She does not give up........

I am having a glass of wine. I am writing this down.  I am releasing this moment........ cuz otherwise I will lose my own shit....................

4 comments:

Nicole said...

OOHHHH hang in there! YAY for you for making her walk. That was actually in the Love and Logic book... well, similar situations. You warned her!

I swear, there has to be something in the air today. Granted, Porter hasn't thrown that much of a fit today but he's been beyond normal.

Hang in there.... sip...errr GULP that wine down, pop in some earbuds and let music drown out her screams. Or you could always go duct tape her mouth...... ;)

jane said...

Well, at least you have kept your sense of humor about the whole thing. I am sorry but to picture her running behind the car screaming, I am LMAO. YOu can laugh when its my turn x 3!!

Urquhart Family said...

Oh man...I totally feel ya on this one. I've had MANY days like these...where I've just had enough. Good for you for making Ally walk...it sounds very similar to something I would (WILL) do! Here's hoping that you've had a better night...

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I love reading your blogs, because you put it out there so life like! I can totally hear you saying this as I read it. I feel so bad that you have to go through this, but you are a better person to do it than me. You are strong willed mother and good for you for sticking to your guns! Have another glass of wine Nic!!