Thursday, May 6, 2010

Leaving on (another) Jet Plane...

So..... tomorrow morning we take off for Orlando!!!!  Just Scott, Ally and I. We fly in tomorrow and plan to just take it easy... swim a little and have a nice dinner.... lie low if possible because the following days are sure to be madness.  ;-)

Saturday, we will head to the Magic Kingdom!!!!!!  We have two-day Disney passes, plus Park Hopper and I'd like to try to see a little of Epcot maybe Saturday too, if Ally is game for it.  We chose to do the Magic Kingdom Saturday because they have their special night parade and fireworks that night, so are open a bit later. Sunday, we will do Animal Kingdom in the morning and Hollywood Studios in the afternoon and evening because they are having Fantasmic that evening..... so it worked out that we could arrange our days to see two great night shows!

We should be absolutely exhausted come Monday....... so, while Scott is in his conference (as you may or may not recall we are tacking a family trip onto his conference), Ally and I are going to lie low at the pool at the hotel all day.  They have a few pools and a lazy river. The word of the day is lazy. ;-)  I plan to rest and read and drink some fruity beverages............. ;-)

Tuesday early, hopefully more of the same!  Tuesday afternoon/evening.. we will head to Sea World!  Scott only has meetings in the morning.........

Then, Wednesday Ally and I will hang again, until Scott is done and it's time to head home!!!!!!!

A pretty quick, but fun trip.

All that said..... I will tell you...... I wish we were going under better circumstances..... and by that I mean, my daughter. She is being an absolute BEAST this week.  I have no idea what her problem is.   Honestly. She wakes up every morning, already angry.  She keeps telling me that she's tired and maybe that's it.... but she is snappy, bratty, mean, and just plan all around AWFUL!!!!!  I put both the kids to bed at 7:30 yesterday..... after a horrid afternoon with them. 

This morning, I just threw my hands up regarding Ally. She was sulking before breakfast. She is SEVEN!  Do we have teenage angst already????  I just hate it because she KNOWS we are headed to Disney.  I feel as if she should be on her very best behavior, not her worst..... and thankful for this trip coming up. But, she just acts like she's entitled to it and like it's no big deal.  It makes me want to both cry and smack her all at the same time!!!!!!!!!

I truly hope that once we get going... once we're on our way... and we're without Luke.... that she will snap out of whatever is going on.  We are going to use this two on one time with her to try to talk to her and get inside her head a little.  Maybe it's just nothing.  Maybe she IS tired. Growth spurt?  Maybe she's fighting a cold?  Maybe she's sick of Luke's neediness. Maybe........... I could go on and on........ but whatever it might be..... it's gotta stop or I'm gonna lose my mind!

Between her attitude and Luke's clinging and whining... I can't get them to bed soon enough this week.  What a week..........

Packing tonight...... and then we're off....... wish us LUCK with this one........................

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I hope ally chilled out once you guys got to FL and that ya'll are having a good time! :)