So, we went to The Fox Theater last night to see Jerry Seinfeld live. OMG - he was HILARIOUS! I love laughing for an hour and a half straight. I am convinced it's a great ab workout. :-) It was a really, really funny show. He was funnier than I thought he would be... and frankly funnier than Chelsea Handler who I saw a couple weeks ago. Don't get me wrong... she was funny... he was just funnier... better delivery... just a better stand-up performer....
Other than that... the night didn't quite go as planned. :-( We got stuck in some major traffic and construction on the way to Detroit, so we did not have time to have a nice sit down dinner and conversation. That's my favorite part of date night. So, we didn't get to eat before the show... which sent both of us into a fit of grumpiness... which started us snapping at one another..... ugh. Not a great start to "date night" :(
The show was great...... GREAT..... but then, after the show, everything was packed and it was an hour wait anywhere and everywhere or we couldn't get a seat place. Seems everyplace we walked into, we were right behind the couple that got the last two seats in the place. Tensions mounted once again.....
We finally just waited at Hockeytown, after going to our car and realizing we wouldn't even get out of the structure for an hour..... we got some drinks and some food... and things got a bit better.....
So, it was a good night... but I don't think it was the date night either of us wanted or expected.... which is a disappointment because we so needed the time.... oh well... we will just have to plan another night out. A "do over" ;-)
3 comments:
I am SO jealous! I love Jerry Seinfeld! I am glad to hear that the show was so good!:)
Oh, I've (we've) so been there on those "perfect" date nights....glad we're not the only ones...LOL!
I bet the show was great I love Jerry Seinfeld!
You must be watching too much baseball..."April in the D"
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment