Ally:
- Mornings are rough... every morning it seems as if we oversleep and then, generally run around like crazies to get out the door on time. The other morning, Ally was giving me more shit than normal... and I was fairly frustrated. She can sense this... so she says to me "Mommy, do you wish you had a better behaved kid?" To which I replied, honestly, "Yes I do Ally".... she then thinks for a moment and says "Then wish upon a wishing star and maybe your wish will come true." This was NOT said in a nice manner....... no, no.... it was delivered in a bratty, nasty tone. Nice. I then told her I was going to exchange her at the "kid store" to which she responded that there is no kid store. Damn. Can't get anything past her. ;-)
- Sunday morning, the kids slept in until 9:30!!! Holy crap.... when we all got up and about and had our breakfast, we realized we needed to bust a move to get showered and out the door to do the things we wanted to do and get somewhere to watch the MSU game! Ally showers with me on the weekends and Luke started to have a fit that he wanted a bath, so to save time, Scott decided to take a bath with him. Ally told Scott "Mommy and I have music in our bathroom!!!" Scott's response....... "Well, Luke I have penises....." She asked him, "What's your point?" Score one for Ally. It's true girlfriend... what IS THEIR POINT???? ;-)
- Ally has two best friends at school, Jacey and Ashlee... I had Ashlee over after school one day this week, thinking it would be great... Ally would be occupied, I could get some things done. WRONG! Ally and Ashlee were happy for about an hour..... then, they decided they were bored, there was nothing to do and it was too hot to play outside. (yes, it was a whopping 60 degrees out).
- Ally is wearing her hair straight almost daily now... there's not much curl left for it to look really great curly, but boy is it a lot of work to make it look good and straight! I do not have the easy hair child.... her hair takes as long as mine does. See the above morning's suck story.
- Ally must be going though some sort of growth spurt right now, because she is always hungry and I can't feed her enough to keep her full. A preview for life with a teenage boy I assume.
- Ally's faves are: American Girl Dolls, Hannah Montana (still to my dismay), ZuZu pets, her DS, READING chapter books - especially Junie B Jones, her stuffed Duncan, anything artsy and skinny jeans.
- Ally is still in ballet and has a recital on May 16... she cannot wait!!!!!!!
- When tested in the Advanced Reader program at school, she reads at a 3.5 grade level. She rocks like that..... (I do get to brag now and then!!!)
- Math is not her strong suit....... hmmm, wonder where THAT comes from?
- Shoes are her nemesis...... yesterday at Von Maur she about lost it in the shoe department she was so happy to be surrounded by shoes... and she wanted so many. This mirrored my feelings exactly. ;-)
- I was changing Luke's diaper a few weeks ago.... he said to me "Mommy I have a sucker on my penis!!" Trying not to laugh hysterically, I said to him, "You have a sucker on your penis?" His response, "NOOOOOO Mommy!!!! Not a sucker! It's my PENIS!" Good god it was hilarious!!!
- The other day in the bath, Luke was dismayed when he looked down and there were bubbles everywhere... he said "Uh oh... where'd my penis go?" Then, he waved the bubbles away and giggled.... "Oh THERE it is!" The kid is obsessed with his penis! Scott tells me this is normal male behavior. :-)))))) Sometimes when I put his diaper on he says "Bye bye penis!" See you again soon I guess....... what a crazy kid!
- Luke was having a meltdown on the changing table the other day, and I tried anything and everything to distract him. I was putting these solid blue jammies on him, the color of Cookie Monster, so I started singing "C is for Cookie" I sang it once, and he calmed right down and stared at me. He said "sing it again Mommy," so of course, I did... after three times, he was completely calm and looked up at me and said in the sweetest, quiet voice, "That's a good song."
- Luke has started saying "I love you....." He always says it back after you say it... and it's more "Love you..." than anything... the other day he just leaned into me out of the blue and said "Love you Mommy!" It was the highlight of my month!
- Not only is he saying he loves people... but yesterday I took him into the Gap to try on a specific shirt I wanted to get him. He was excited to try it on and very cooperative.... when I got it on him he got so excited, rubbed it lovingly and exclaimed "I LOVE it!!!!!!" I have another shopping monster in training! ;-)
- This past weekend, we went out Saturday night with a bunch of couples from work... we had a babysitter and she put the kids to bed... we got home very late. In the morning, it was 9:30 and Luke still wasn't up!!!! It was wild! I was concerned, so I made Scott look in and he said he was awake but not making a sound. I couldn't take it anymore, so I went in and Luke popped up and said "Mommy! You're here!!!!" He must have thought I was still gone so it wasn't worth getting out of bed if Mommy wasn't home.
- Luke is skinnier this spring than he was last year!!! Taller, yes. Bigger overall, probably... but skinny!!!! I had given all his summer clothes from last year to a friend and had to actually get the shorts back!!!!! He is in 12-18 months on the bottom and 2T tops just for the length of his torso alone.... his shoulders are not that broad and he could really use a 18-24 month top, but he's just longer!!! Long torso though....... not so much in the legs!
- Luke's favorite things are his green blankie (gigi), his stuffed Maisy mouse, watching Maisy, his Baby Boy, the zillion blankets in his bed, blocks, a barn my mom got him for Christmas and going outside. The slide is a huge hit with the boy!
3 comments:
What wonderful Grandkids I have!!!! I am glad they keep you amused!
Mom
Ha! I bet we have another Macklin male on the way with a 32" inseam. Check it: Dad is 6'2", Connor is 5'10", Kellen is 6'4" - all have 32 inseams. Crazy! Sounds like you're really enjoying your extra time with the kids. I'm glad for all of you. Hope we see ya'all soon! XXOO
I really need to be better at writing all these great things down. Precious moments. :)
Post a Comment