We had a week of mostly outdoor activities.... both Monday and Tuesday, the kids played outside at home. Wednesday, we went to the park before going out for dinner and drinks to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday and St. Patrick's Day. Thursday is ballet for Ally, so we played outside for a bit at home before heading to ballet..... and Friday was my day "off" and it was GORGEOUS out. Just. Freakin'. Gorgeous!
We started our Friday... my first Friday of not going to work.... by getting both mine and Luke's blood drawn. NOT SO FUN! They were unable to get the vein the first try with Luke, so they had to poke both arms. His left arm is all bruised and he still says it hurts. My poor baby. :-(
After the trauma at the lab... we went to Target!!!! Who does not love Target.... 2 hours and $200 later... we had a myriad of things we just "had to have!" Random clothes for the kids... a toy boat... and other essentials... I just love Target, where you can get a great top for your daughter and a gallon of soy milk!
We headed home to have lunch and had some visitors!!! So exciting... Kristen and Rhen came over for lunch and to spend the afternoon with us. This is going to be a MUST for my stay home days. I am in need of some constant social mom interaction here! Kristen was gracious enough to come and hang out with us for a while. We had chicken tacos, played outside and even went for a walk.... I borrowed my in-law's double stroller (that they use for Luke and Grace) and we took the boys for a walk around the neighborhood and to pick up Ally from school! Don't they look cute??
Luke is still unsure about Rhen... and strangers in general. He tends to be on the shy side and it takes some time for him to get used to new people. I hope Kristen and Rhen and I hang out some more so Luke can get to know them! God knows Rhen and he have to be friends forever just like their moms!!! They need to get with the "next generation" program! ;-)
When Ally got home, we had a snack and then, headed back out to the park. It was too nice a day to stay indoors! We walked over to the school playground and the kids played and played... until it was time to head home for dinner...

Luke is really, really loving the park... he is brave enough to go up the stairs and down the slides on his own! Even the HUGE slide, with Ally's assistance of course...


Check out the static effect on his hair!!! LOL!
I am loving this spring weather so we can get out and do these things!!! It makes for a much nicer day/evening/night!!!!! Kids need to get outside every day... the fresh air is just sooooo good for them.... to say nothing of how much better they sleep! :-)
So... we kept on going like the Energizer Bunny on Friday... after the day and the park... Ally and I went to a play back at the school. We went to see the high school performance of Alice Meets Dorothy... or something like that. ;-) It was cute and Ally loved it... she wore one of her new outfits from Target!!!
So cute... if I do say so myself!!!!! Cute top, little sweater, skinny jeans and ballet flats with bows! The matching headband was really the icing on the cake. How much do I love having a little girl to dress..... and who loves to get dressed up too! :-)
After the play and after getting the kids down.... I then ventured out to meet a girlfriend that I haven't seen in FAR TOO LONG for some drinks and catching up.... it was the perfect ending to one of the most perfect days!!!!
I could totally stay home every day... if every day were like that... but we all know that AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.... ;-) Every day is not so perfect... and that's what makes the perfect ones so much more sweet!!!!!!







1 comment:
How wonderful for you all....I am so glad you have this time with them...
Mom
Post a Comment