Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Randomness...

There are many good things happening! Which is good in the midst of chaos......

First, I have neglected to mention that this is my LAST WEEK of full-time employment!!!!!  In fact, I'm not even working all week, as I have Friday off!  I will be "working from home" a bit Friday as a I have a web-based meeting to participate in... but that's not terribly bad.  Tomorrow is my last day of  FULL-TIME work here!  Craziness..........

Friday night, Scott and I are going to see Howie Day at the Ark in Ann Arbor. We will go someplace fabulous for dinner first... then, the show, and then head to the airport to stay the night there before our 11 am flight to SUNNY PHOENIX!  CANNOT WAIT!  We will be staying in Scottsdale for seven glorious nights....... until the following Saturday!  I have been looking at restaurants and bars and all the amazing shopping and coffee shops and WINE BARS in Scottsdale.  Cannot wait for a week of just the two of us, decompressing from the everyday craziness around here.  We are so lucky to have this time away.... thank god for my in-laws who so lovingly take my children... and thank god for our jobs (that we work our asses of at, but still!) that provide us the means to do such things.  We are truly blessed!

In other fabulous news... my Dad is home and doing so well now!!!  He is managing his pain better, walking around and even got a shower!  WOO HOO!  :-)  The real healing can take place once you're home. Hospitals suck!

My Great Grandma is doing okay too. Not great, but when I went to see her, she was alert and eating again after five days of not eating at all.  She is in some pain, but I think all-in-all, she is doing okay. There was no change either way as of this morning.... my Grandma and Aunts are looking at assisted care facilities now and thinking of those next important steps.  We shall see what happens!!!

So, maybe the tide is turning and good things are happening all around..... I certainly hope so. I have much to be thankful for and look forward to!  I cannot put into words how very excited I am for this upcoming vacation... counting down the minutes.... Arizona bound in 68 hours!  :-)

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Have a great time in Arizona! I'll be waiting for a blog post when you get back. Time for playdates!

Unknown said...

Arizona is getting ready for YOU too!!!!!

Can't wait to see you!
Mom

Nicole said...

I love howie day!!! Make sure you keep tabs on that iphone while your away... dont want to miss out on any ass kickings! ha ha ha! have fun!!