There is sickness and bullshit everywhere I turn right now. My heart breaks for many, MANY people I love... and I feel overwhelmed with the knowledge of what my friends and family are going through. I don't know what to do or say or how to even respond anymore. It is sad that I am not even SURPRISED lately when someone starts to tell me their horrible news.......
It just seems like it's pouring sickness and death. That sound blunt and awful, but it's true. My Dad is sick and having a hard time recovering from this surgery. My Great-Grandma is very sick and failing in her old age. My Grandma herself is not in the best of condition... with much pain in her shoulder and knee... so hard to care for a failing loved one, when you, yourself are in pain!!!!!
A close friend and co-worker just learned that her mother-in-law has terminal cancer...... one of my very closest and best friends just learned that her mother is losing her battle with bone cancer..... my brother's mother-in-law is losing her battle with addiction and the myriad of sickness that comes with that....
It's just too much..... make it stop.... :-( My heart breaks with every story. Every conversation. What do you SAY to these people that you love when words don't mean a damn thing??? "I am sorry" falls so horridly short.
We are too young to talk of losing our parents. That is a huge pile of bullshit. I know life is not fair... but I really hate that it isn't. The helpless feeling is surely the worst.....
Take care of yourselves and eachother...... and don't forget the hugs and "I love you's"......
3 comments:
I couldn't agree more right now...so many horrible stories. Friends losing both parents AND kids. Your fam & friends are in my prayers.
Such a sad time right now! Sending thoughts your way Nic!
Its always sad and painful when someone you love is hurting. They say God doesn't give us more than we can handle....sometimes I wonder. But the thought of losing my job pales in comparison to health. I am very grateful that I am a cancer survivor. God has been good to me.
Mom
Post a Comment