Mary Dzikowicz lived on this earth for 100 long years!!!!!! But, I have learned that when it comes to life, even 100 years isn't long enough. Anytime someone leaves us.... no matter how long they have lived... it is hard. Saying goodbye is never, ever easy... especially for those closest to the one who has to go.
My Great-Grandma, affectionately known as "Baba Mary" to all of her family... passed away in the wee hours of the morning, Sunday, March 6th. My Grandma and Great Uncle, her two children were right at her side when she left us. They told her she should go... and go she did...
My Grandma tells me that my Great Uncle told her, in Polish, "go to heaven..." and she listened. As all good Mothers do. :-) She left hearts empty... but she certainly kept them full for a long, long time.
It is with great sadness that I missed her passing. Her funeral. That time together with all my family. I was, however, fortunate enough to have seen her a few times the week before her passing... and I was able to say my goodbyes. I knew her time had come... and I am so happy I saw her alert and awake on the Monday before she passed.
My Grandma will feel empty and alone for some time. Her Mother lived with her for 40 years. My Grandfather passed away some years ago... and my Grandma had her Mom still... right there... in her home. Now... my Grandma is living alone.... for really the first time, ever...
I hope she finds her way through this time and knows that she is NOT and never could be alone. All her crazy Polish peeps are just around the corner. :-) We're all here Grandma... just waiting for you to whip up some golumbki and call us all over.... ;-)
Goodbye Baba Mary!!!!!!! 100 years and I'm sure still dancing a polka up there, somewhere!!!!
STO LAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment