We are home today. We have been out and about in the heat wave the last two days, and I for one, can't do another day. Even the pool seems like too much of an effort, so we are inside with the AC crankin' today. The kids are catching up on rest... much needed rest! They have been burning the midnight oil and days of that in a row take their toll on everyone! Luke slept until after 10 today... Ally about 9:30. Luke is down for a nap already, even after his lengthy night of rest. Ally is in her room reading, and I think she too might fall asleep.
I am catching up on laundry... something I haven't been able to do since our return from Chicago. Chicago was a blast. We had just an amazing weekend. We traveled there Friday morning via the train. So nice to just sit back, read and relax and let someone else do the "driving!" We arrived in the Windy City to rain.... but it didn't hold us back. We checked into our hotel and went and enjoyed a great lunch nearby at Bandera right on Michigan, seconds away from the Intercontinental where we stayed.
We met up with Chelsea and Anthony for some drinks before the Joe Purdy show.... so wonderful to drink and laugh and laugh some more.... the Purdy show was great, but hot and we old folks could not make it through the entire standing room only show!!! How sad is that? ;-) Still... a great, great night all around.
The next day, Scott and I slept til after 10.... Chicago time!!! We enjoyed Starbucks and pastries in bed..... and eventually got up and went shopping. We walked all over... enjoying lunch outdoors on the street... people watching.... shopping galore.... and just hanging out. It was awesome. We had dinner at one of our very favorite places to eat when we are there, Hugos Frog Bar. It was wonderful!!!!!!!! We then headed to the House of Blues to our second concert of the weekend, David Gray. That too, was an amazing show.... and we made it through the entire show..... ;) It was a lot cooler in the House of Blues than it was at the Double Door!
Came home and enjoyed some Olympic Trial gymnastics with my girl! Let her stay up extra late and watch... she is so excited for the Olympics and gymnastics! It makes it a bit more exciting that a somewhat local lady is on the team! Ally is all about cheering on the local hero, Jordyn Wieber!
The two day work week that followed was pretty nice too! Mondays, the kids have a sitter come and she gets Ally from gymnastics and they usually hit the pool. This week was no exception. Tuesday, the kids to to Nana and Papa's and enjoy hanging there. Then, Tuesday evening, Luke has gymnastics... which he loves. We headed out to meet up with friends and family for the fireworks after his class ended! A warm night! But, we stayed hydrated!
I have NEVER gone to the fireworks as an adult... with my kids. How funny is that???? Ally was always deathly afraid of them.... and we just never really went! After watching them (the little that we could see) from my Uncle's over Memorial Day weekend, and seeing how much Luke loved them, I decided we would definitely go to them for the Fourth... so we did! We parked in a church parking lot right outside the park which ended up being perfect! We were pretty much the only ones there, we could tailgate and we got out of there before the traffic! We had food, drink, games, sparklers and a ton of fun. It really was more fun that I thought it would be! Ha!
The kids passed OUT!!!! We were even able to carry them in, put the PJs on, and they stayed asleep the whole time.... that was a successful night out! ;-)
Then, the Fourth..... we had to wake them up to go to the Second "Annual" (I use quotes cuz it's been five years!) Ziepiela Open! A golf scramble not for the faint of heart! :-) It felt like 106 out there... we were freakin' troopers I tell ya! Or just dumb. The jury's still out on that one! We golfed, then went back to my Uncles for a BBQ... where we mostly remained inside the house. Whew... it was a scorcher!
Okay.... the guy that took the family shot did not have a clue how to use an iPhone......... I know someone got a better picture... so family reading this... send one my way!!!!!!!!
Still an awesome time... despite the heat... but next year, we are considering a family bowling tournament. ;)
Today we chill.... literally and figuratively. Tomorrow, Ally and I are headed to Wharton to see Wicked with some big and little girls! Girls night out for all of us! We are going to have dinner at Bravo... and then, hit the show! I adore that I can do things like this with my girl. Love that she loves musicals as much as I do and always did as a kid too! Looking forward to it so very much!
Then, hopefully, it will be tolerable enough for some down time at the pool... or even some golf again on Sunday. Ally shocked us all with her golf skills yesterday! Scott and I decided we need to get her out more often! She loves it and is good for a kid! Hell, she's better than me! :-))))))
Hope you all had a happy, happy Fourth!







3 comments:
LOVE all the pictures! Glad you guys had a good time! By the way, it doesn't take much to be beter than you at golf...sorry!
Nice mom!!! Hahaha!!!! It's so true. :).
Nice mom!!! Hahaha!!!! It's so true. :).
Post a Comment