Yesterday, we started the day kind of rough.... the kids were tired and grumpy.... from many days of going, going, going. We also had some things to do around the house. So when Ally wakes up and says "what are we going to do today?" (as she does EACH and every day we aren't going to school or work) and I reply "I don't know but first I have some things to do around here!".... I was met with groans. And then, when I told HER she had to participate in the "things to do around here".... I was met with fits.
I forged ahead. I listed to her arguments. I pretty much said "tough shit." And eventually, my kids cleaned their rooms, cleaned Penney's cage, helped pick up and were generally decent human beings. It was then 5:00 pm. :-)
It took all day.... (Luke did nap in there) but we ended up being able to do something fun after all.... after the fits and the eventual submission. ;-)
We decided it was just too darn hot to do anything outside... so we went to Make It Yours Pottery and painted some awesome items! The kids LOVED it... and we ran into some friends there too, which made it even more fun for all!
After our fun, we went over and met Daddy at the Crazy Cowboy for some dinner (and margaritas for the big kids!). A great way to end a great day!
Today has been, so far, so good! Ally has gymnastics bright and early at 8 am Fridays.... so Luke and I had a morning at home. I got up long before he did and showered and was ready for the day when he finally woke up! I got some more laundry and things done.... Scott actually brought Ally home because I had to stay here while some guys were working on our cable... and we all had lunch together.... now Ally is showering to get ready to go to dinner and Wicked with our friends soon! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment