Friday, July 20, 2012

Safety Fair....

This past Wednesday, we had a Family Safety Fair at work! We didn't go last year because I was out of town. So, this year we wanted to check it out! And Scott's car was on display so he kinda had to be there. ;)

It was at our Parnall location. They said they would have things for the kids to do..... And they really did! It exceeded my expectations!!! And it was all free to us! All the pizza, popcorn, cotton candy, and ice cream we could eat. :). Luke was Lovin' it.

When we got there, the first thing the kids really wanted to do was see my office. So we went inside.... And they quickly realized that was BORING!!!! We headed back out into the heat and the first thing they wanted to do was ride the ponies. It was a day of surprises for us.... As Luke is becoming a fearless little guy. He got right up on the horse and let a perfect stranger take him around. Ally really love it too! They haven't had many experiences such as that!!!

There was a small petting zoo that they enjoyed as well. After that, we joined Daddy for some food!!!! Then, we played some games and got lots of prizes.

They had helicopters the kids could to on (not for rides, just go inside) and then.... The highlight of the day, the bucket truck ride!!! We waited in line in the scorching heat for 20 minutes, and even tho I was certain Luke would bow out at the last minute.... He shocked us all by getting into a bucket with a lineman and soaring high into the sky. I was so proud. :)

Ally an her lineman were up there, just chatting away.... I could see her chatting him up the entire time. He was so great with her. I was amazed by all the volunteers and it was just a wonderful reminder that I work with a great group of people I am proud to call my co-workers. Even those I never interact with daily. Events such as these go a long way for employee morale.

It was a fun, fun day!!!!!!!

(sorry my phone puts the pictures all out of order!!!)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow...how cool!!!!!!