Monday, July 23, 2012

Chicago!

I went to Chicago this past Saturday.... a quick trip to visit my friend Beth, who's hubby and kids happened to be out of town..... she needed the company!!!!!

I drove in Saturday morning... and we spent the afternoon shopping Southport. A great area to shop off of Michigan Ave. I actually like shopping there BETTER than MI Ave these days. What has happened to me? I enjoy the "neighborhoods" out in the outskirts more than MI Ave...... and Beth is the one who introduced them to me!  Such an amazing city with nooks and crannies all over!!!!!

I scored some awesome items... new jewelry... cropped jeans... and a couple tops.  Love me some Chicago shopping!

We enjoyed conversation and wine... and then our buddy Tony picked us up for a night on the town... some sushi and martinis!!!!!!  Just lovely.... and of course, the obligitory self portrait of silliness.....


Yesterday, Beth and I lounged... kid free for hours.... sipping coffee and talking the day away.  I told her on my way home that there is nothing like a couple days with a best friend and no distractions (kids and husbands!!!). It's the best therapy in the world!!!!!


No comments: