Last Wednesday, after her gymnastics camp at Lumen, I went and picked Ally up for a little dinner out, just her and I. I got her a little gift (a sign that Nicole made), some dark chocolates and a card. There was no reason for this night. It wasn't her birthday. She didn't win any award. It was just because. To show her that I love her any old day. She doesn't have to do or be anything extraordinary. She just has to be her and I love her just like that.
We went to Red Lobster. A fave of hers. She loves shrimp. Loves it. I got crab. She got shrimp. She ate all her meal and half of mine. I had some wine. She had a Shirley Temple.
We talked about everything under the sun. It was awesome. I plan to make it a regular event from here on out. Just me and her. Two girls. No friends. No other family. Just us.
Here's a pic of the sign Nicole made.... It is just perfect. It is what I want my girl to remember, always. Cuz sometimes she forgets. :)

1 comment:
Very nice....I miss you guys...
Mom
Post a Comment