Well, we had QUITE the week with our cousins, Natalie and Evan.... And Uncle Mark! We fit a whole lot into a a few days and the kids loved it! I did too... What I am not loving is today. My kids are on another fun detox and punishing me big time because they are tired and cranky and coming off a week of everything being about them.
Back to reality this week. Where only 3/4 of everything is about them. ;)
This past week, we had sleepovers, went to the zoo, the pool, the lake and had countless hours of fun playing together. There were seven kids in total most of the time. It was just craziness. I looked at it as a staycation and that got me through. We went an went but it's not often enough that we get to see Mark and the kids... So it was nice to do just that.
Thursday was the best day. The kids were great at the zoo and pool. Friday night, Ally took a turn as the exhaustion set in and we had a rough night even though we were staying out at the lake.
Sigh. I had one of my "where did I go wrong" crying fits. Sometimes it's just really hard to parent her. I get discouraged.
And today, she's being pretty awful too. We will get through. Doesn't make it any easier in the moment tho. Never does.
Jane did a photo shoot with the kids yesterday. Can't wait to see how the pics turned out. Not an easy task getting seven kids to cooperate. I give her mad props. :)
The week ahead is full of work and fun, but not super busy or crazy. Hope we can have a good one!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment