Monday, December 6, 2010

Where am I?

I post each and every day for 30 days straight... sometimes twice a day... and then, I just abandon you for a week!!!!!!  I'm a terrible blogger.  ;-)

Whew... last week was BUSY!  Insanely so really.  We had many evening committments... birthday fun... Ally's First Reconciliation.... I worked a school lock-in.... Somerset day with my MIL and SIL... just a GREAT week, all around... but BUSY!!!!

Yesterday, I spent the day picking up the house and getting some Christmas decor up!!!  What I failed to do was grocery shop or laundry.... so I am going to have to catch up on those things this week!  Add to that, I actually have to work FOUR DAYS this week. Ahhhhhh!!! Really, I just have to come in Thurday afternoon to give a presentation.... but I am volunteering in Ally's art class again too, so it's another day Luke has to go to my in-laws and it will feel like a working day! Not really a bad thing... just different!

The past week was really great.  I had many meals out with good friends to celebrate turning 35!  I probably gained five pounds last week.  The actual day of my birthday, I had the best day... relaxing... out with my hubby.  Some quality time with my kids.  Scott had my diamond reset for my birthday... in white gold.... and it's just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!  When we got engaged, we went together to choose the ring... so I like that, 13 years later, he chose the setting.  :-)

Thursday was Ally's First Reconciliation at the church.... and it's a pretty big deal. They've been preparing for weeks, months even.... and Ally was nervous for a while there, but when the actual day came... she was pretty calm!  I was so proud of her.  She went to the priest she was most comfortable with and went on and on about how nice he was and how much she enjoyed the experience.

Ally has been really good lately.  It's actually freaking Scott and I out a little bit... which is sad in a way....  ;-)  Ally is good and we wonder what's wrong....  :-))))))  She's just not been quick to lose it.... her temper has been under control.... and she's just more content lately it seems.  She will get upset about things, like any kid does... but she comes around quickly... and it just... different!  I can't put my finger on it!!!

I talked to her a bit about it yesterday and I asked if anything had happened lately... or if she could put into words how she's been feeling... and she shrugged and then said, "Well, it sure is nice to know that my sins are forgiven!"  Ha!  What a cute freakin' kid she is.  Isnt' that the truth sometimes though? Don't we all just want to know that even when we mess up big.... someone forgives us???

Whatever is going on with her... I will take it.  And she probably thinks I've lost my marbles cuz I don't stop PRAISING her lately for all the great things she IS doing! 

Then, there's Luke.....  ;-)  He's a boy.  He's three.  Enough said.  He can be so very sweet... then, so very awful.  :-))))))

Ah... it was a crazy week.  Scott had a three day meeting in Lansing last week too, so that added to some craziness... cuz he was there late, and then, he had to work this weekend to make up for time not in the office.  We have a busy week this week too!  Every Sunday night, he and I sit down and go over the week's events... so we are all on the same page.  Ally has something after school every day but Tuesday... not something really late, but something none-the-less!  Gymnastics, girl scouts, a Christmas movie event, and then, Friday I am taking her a few friends to a gymnastics meet at MSU! Saturday Scott and I have one of our zillion Christmas parties.... and a sitter for the night. Sunday, once again, should be calm.  :-))))

It should be a good week though....... and after this week... just three days of work next week.... and I'm off until January 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 comments:

Kathy said...

There is a peace and calm in your writing that is very good to hear too. Ally can get your dander up and it is evident in some of your blogs that that really bothers you. But I like the calmness of this post...listen to some gentle Christmas music, feel the glow of your amazing house (pictures look great), brew a cup of cinnamon tea, and bask in the moment. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to have withdrawal! People that don't have kids have no clue!









11

It's A Wonderful Life said...

I was having withdrawal too! I looked forward to reading what you were thankful for everyday! Made me think of something I was thankful for too! Thanks!