I was telling Scott last night, that after 30 days of posting what I am thankful for... I swear to you, it has become my way of life. It's the first thing I think about each day now. Especially in those moments when I am really SO NOT thankful. I am constantly searching for something, anything... in the midst of crap, to really be thankful for.
I feel like, when you do something for 30 days straight... it becomes a habit. A part of you. Routine in it's own way. I feel like I almost snapped my brain into looking for the good in everyting. Corny? Cheesey? Probably.... but true... and most definitely a damn good thing!
I've always been a glass is half full, optimistic girl... but I hadn't quite examined what really made me so... or what was so great in my every day life that I should really be thankful for. And, then, I did it for 30 days straight.... and now I miss posting about it each day. It was such a bright spot to my day.....
So, when I came across a blog post about An Experiment of Joy.... I knew this could be for me!!! We are halfway through December, I know, I know... but I want to start now... with my own version of this Joy Project....... I am going to post for the rest of the month on something that truly brings joy to my world... my heart and my life...
JOY! I have always loved the word. I remember choosing readings and songs and printed items based on Joy for our wedding. My invitation wording was "You are invited to share in the joy of...." I like it a lot. Life should be filled with more joy!!!!
So, you are all going to have to humor me and put up with my joy for the rest of the month! :-)
And, if you so choose... you can join me. I promise it won't hurt!
3 comments:
if you do something for 21 days straight it becomes a habit! you for sure became use to thinking about what you were thankful for! i love it!
Okay...One thing that brings me joy is when my grandkids come running up to me calling "Grandma"!!! Warms your heart!
My daily joy...the kiss from the 3rd grader who doesn't give a *^#( who may see him kiss his mommy good-bye. When I ask he says..."I just love you mommy, why would my friends care?" Melt my heart!!!
Post a Comment