Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Joy of Christmas Vacay....

Today is the first day of Christmas vacation for Ally!!!  It's crazy... I've been off since last Wednesday, so I feel like it's been a week for me... but her's has just begun!  The morning was off to a rough start... the kids like to begin with fighting... I know it's just trying to figure out what's what... and settle into their day, but that knowledge doesn't make it any easier to take really.  Ally ends up all pissed off and storming to her room once or twice... and Luke, has his feelings hurt at first and then, fights back..... we finally got through the rough start and are enjoying our morning snack:
You would never know by their smiles that they hated one another ten minutes before this.  ;-)

Yesterday... my fearless hubby set out to get some things done.  The only time he really has to take care of things is the time he takes off for vacation, so he actually enjoys the feeling of accomplishing things around here and on things, such as the car in this case, when he CAN do them.  So... off he goes in the morning to drop Ally at school... and get to some tire places to finally take care of the tire situation.

I took the car to Belle Tire last week and was given a nice $1000 estimate for four new tires.  Ugh.  He went to some other places, on recommendations... but the issue is simply the type of tires my car has (HUGE!) and the fact that it's all wheel drive and requires FOUR tires each time you replace them.  Nice huh?  

He was living in a world of denial that we had to purchase these tires.  The issue is this:  we lease our cars for this very reason.  We DON'T WANT to pay for stuff such as tires... we just want to use and abuse a car for three years, turn it in.. get a new one. That's just how we roll.  Problem this time around was that... we were HORRIDLY over miles on this car so, the wear and tear was starting to take its toll.  

So, off to Nissan he goes... to see what we can do.  Used tires maybe?  Something! The lease is up in May after all..... we aren't going to get $1000 use out of these tires!!!!  

Instead of used tires..... it turns out, we are just going to get a whole new car.  :-))))  HAHA!!!!  I love my hubby.  Turns out, we can just get bought out of our lease, cuz the car is worth what is owed and then some.... so we can get out of our lease for free... saves us oodles of money in tires and overage fees on the miles.... AND I get a new car months earlier!!!!  

This is a double bonus for me... because with Ally's activities and carting friends around, I have made the decision that I really want a third row SUV... so this gives me that extra space months earlier than I thought I would!!! Just in time for me to take five girls to a gymnastics meet in January!  And Ally's birthday.... it's just a win/win!!!!!

Scott went to every dealer in town. I love his diligence.  Everyone will give us a GREAT price for the car... but the best deal and car in town is a Honda Pilot and that's the dealer that is offering the least for the trade in..... so Scott is once again.... out and about wheeling and dealing and trying to get the best car for me.  I love him. :-)

After today, I will either have a brand new Pilot or an Acadia..... Merry Christmas to me!  :-)  Room for eight baby.... PARTY in my car!  :-)))))

Ally even got dragged around a bit yesterday after school... cuz Scott spent the entire day in town and still had places to go after she was done with school.  She was such a trooper... and is so excited to sit in the "way back" of our new car.  :-)))))  

Last night, when she got home.... Luke was so excited to see someone other than his Mommy... so they did some painting together...
As you can see... Luke is fairly addicted to his Sant (or HoHo as he calls him) jammies... we are pretty much wearing them all the time now.  At least we are getting my money's worth!!!  HAHA!!

So..... today I am trying to get things around and prepare for Dave, Mary and Maggie's arrival tomorrow!  Scott is off accomplishing greatness without kids... so he gets to do the grocery store!  Later this afternoon we are heading to Nana and Papa's to make Christmas cookies with our cousins... and the "big kids" are gonna enjoy some tequila drinks and tacos....  :-) The party before the party.  I love the holidays and opportunities to get together all the time.  

Happy, happy holidays!!!!!!

No comments: