The decided they should probably nap on the way up...
Little fakers.... there was no napping... there was only talking and whispering and giggling... but they looked angelic there for a minute. Do not be fooled. :-)
We went to the Spartan place to eat... I can't think of the name... something Cafe? Spartan Cafe? I don't know... I was all MSU... the girls loved looking at all the pictures and the memorabilia they had everywhere. The girls had chicken fingers and I had some nachos and a mojito. YUM!!!!
They are little cheesers I tell ya! After the meal... we made our way to Meijer, where the girls picked out a gift for the family that the gymnastics team had adopted for the Christmas season! They were so cute trying to pick out an appropriate gift for a 10 and 12 year old girl. They decided on a game for the two of them to play and Kennedy piped in with her suggestion, her favorite, Apples to Apples... so that is what we got!
We headed to campus... and as we drove by Sparty, we saw many graduates in caps and gowns posing for pictures! I just couldn't resist... so I pulled over a snapped a couple of the girls....
I had to wait until I was a senior in college to have a picture with Sparty. These girls are definitely MSU bound!!! They look awesome in Spartan Green. :-) They thought this was a pretty cool thing to do... and I think they enjoyed the kids in caps and gowns too. It was a gorgeous night to be out and about...
We headed across the street to Jenison and the girls were so excited to get to the meet, that they ran out of the car without me... and just busted into Jenison. They were a sight to see...
As soon as we got in, they saw the girls, and all the equipment... they could not contain themselves... their shoes were off... the were doing cartwheels and round-offs and dancing all around.
Ally, Delaney, and Kennedy... in order... beam masters!!!! They could not have had more fun running all over this gym.... tumbling... jumping on the tramp... balancing on the beam... playing on bars... and pretending to vault... really just running and stopping. :-)
After the fun, we got to meet the gymnasts and have snacks with them! This was definitely a highlight. All the girls were so kind.. and they really knew that those little girls were totally in awe and completely worshipped them. The gymnasts asked the girls about their gymnastics and acted like they were genuinely interested in them. So sweet....
A great, great night all around.... when I was putting Ally to bed at 11 PM when we got home... she was teary when she said, "it was so much fun... but it just went so fast..." It always does my girl... the best of times always go far too fast...





3 comments:
They DO go fast, but the memories you made will last a ifetime...
"I remember, Mom, when you took us to..."
Enjoy them!
It looks like you all had a great time...she will remember this always!
Lucky little girls!!! That's a trip they'll never forget!
Post a Comment