Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winding Down...

We are winding down to the end of our year around here! I am winding down another year of work.  This year brought a new boss and a new schedule as I went part-time at the end of March. It's hard to believe it was just 9 months ago that I started working part-time! Feels like it's always been this way!  Crazy......

So, as I wind down this year, I am more than thankful for the opportunity to go part-time.  That is probably my greatest accomplishment of the year.  Adjust our lives to allow for that.  Living without my full-time income was small in comparison to all I gained.... being home with Ally (and Luke!) each day after school just allows for a more peaceful day all around.  I think I now have the perfect schedule!

And, next week - I will have a brand new boss and start in on a brand new project at work! I am really excited for the new position and challenge that will bring!! And the flexibility to do such an exciting project within my part-time hours!  Feeling very thankful job-wise right now... which is a great feeling cuz this year brought a lot of turmoil for me within my job.  I like that I am ending on an upswing!!!

This year also brought a new school for Ally.  Once again, another thing I am most proud of in our year!  Queens is the best choice for our daughter and our family and I am so pleased that we made the switch and had the courage to do so!  I am especially proud of Ally who faced the challenge head on and is rocking that school.  :-)  She is excelling int he classroom... has a wide and vast group of great friends... and I have been fortunatel enough to be really active in her school world, through being her room mom, chaperoning each field trip, volunteering for school events and art class, and just being more present in her school life.  It has it's set backs now and again... but is overall, the best thing for all of us.

Ally and I have grown closer this past year as we have spent a lot more time together and she can see that my focus has come away from the stresses and joys of work... and turned to the stresses and joys of her!  I can feel our relationship growing and that is something I truly treasure.

I also really enjoy my one on one days with Luke.... and I think he and I will have a strong relationship from the get-go because I worked so much less when he was so much younger.  I am trying very hard not to regret those early years I "stole" from Ally.  I know you can't change the past... so all I can do is my best in the future.

It's been a great year. A really, really great year.  I end this year truly feeling more peace in my own world than I have felt in as long as I can remember... and I feel like I'm finally, after all these years, starting to grow up and realize who I am and who I am supposed to be..... and that was all done by slowing down....  :-)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great post Nicki!!! So glad 2010 was such a great year!!!

Kathy said...

Wow...you sound like you've come a long way, and things are falling into place with job, home and family....I am so happy for you Nina...
Mom