Friday, December 10, 2010

Where are the Pictures?

In my month of Thankfulness, I grew very accustomed to not posting a lot of pictures.... because the purpose of my blogging, while still very much about what was going on day to day around here... changed focus.  And, now I see that I have posted very few pictures at all in the last month or more!!!  I know a lot of people don't even post anything without posting pictures... but I think I, personally, like the writing part more than the picture posting part.  So, I apologize to those of you who want to see lots of pictures... but now I have a valid reason for not uploading anything....

I cannot find my camera.... anywhere!!!!

Now, it's quite possible it's in my car.  Which my hubby has today.  It's entirely possible.  Let's hope so!  But, it's no where to be found in this house.  I blame Luke. He takes it all the time and the last time I remember seeing it... he had it.  So, it could be anywhere. He sticks stuff in random places all the time! All the time.

So, the last time I uploaded any pictures off the real camera was Halloween. Yes.  Halloween!  Ugh!  I used to take so many pictures!!!!  I do, however have some cute pics I took off my iPhone when the kids were playing outside.  I primarily wanted to capture Luke's outfit that day because we had to put together quite the ensemble for him to be able to play in the snow!!!!

I hadn't gotten him any snow boots yet, so we had to scrounge up some of Ally's old boots in his size. It just so happened that they were bright pink Hello Kitty boots. He didn't mind. He thought they were great! Then, we lost one of his only gloves, so he found some MSU (one white and one green) mittens he wanted to wear... along with his red, orange and navy blue coat.... and brown hat. Yes, he was a sight!!!


They loved playing in the snow (for a while anyway!!!).... Ally really got into it.... needing her snow pants and their Bilibo's... and the enjoyed the whole experience!  She had just done a science experiment in school where they looked at snowflakes under the microscope, so I think that played a part in her excitement....


They were pretty cute... and soon after, came in for some hot tea to thaw out from the cold....  Mommy stayed indoors and watched them from the warmth of my kitchen.  :-)  I am so not a winter person.  At. All.

We have had another busy, full week around here!  I worked four days this week!  Really only three and a half... but who's counting?  I just had to go in to give a presentation at work yesterday, which I really enjoy so the day was a lot of fun. I volunteered in Ally's art class again in the morning.... and presented on Environmental Training needs to a bunch of old men in the afternoon. I full, well-rounded day.  It was hilarious when I was in the office for a moment, cuz one of the girls I worked with completely freaked out, thinking it was only Wednesday... cuz I'm never in Thursday or Friday.  She says "don't do that to me!  I need it to be Thursday!"  It was funny.... 

Ally had Girl Scout events two days after school this week... on top of weekly gymnastics... so only one free evening!  Luckily, the teachers are easing up on homework as we near the Christmas break.  They are completely losing the kids to the season I am told... so they aren't even gonna try anything new or challenging until they are back in January!

I blew out a tire on my way home from picking Ally up Wednesday evening.  UGH!!!!!!  We were fine, and I was able to make it into a gas station, but we found out we need FOUR new tires on my car... to the tune of a cool grand....  :-(  The most expensive month of the year just got far worse.  It's just really bad timing.  All our birthdays and Christmas fall into these two months. We don't need things on the car or in the house breaking at a time like this!

But, isn't that always how it goes????

I have been busy playing santa and getting some things for the kids!  I love putting together their Christmas gifts!!! This year, I am trying hard to coordinate things so they each get a similar item.  Ally's getting a new scooter, and I got Luke the toddler three wheel one! That's something they can ride up and down the hall this winter, then, take them out in the spring.  They are each getting an art set of some kind... Ally the Color Wonder Light Up Paint thingy... and Luke, the Color Wonder Sound thingy (like how I know the actual names???).  Books for both, of course... Ally is just getting like 6 and Luke, one.  Ally recently got a new sleeping bag for a sleepover, so Santa is brining Luke one cuz he likes Ally's so much. They are each getting flashlights.  Ally is also getting a new DS game, Mario Kart and Luke a bath toy. They are both getting pillow pets. And some jammies.  

I think that's what I have so far..... Ally is desperately in love with Kit (an American Girl doll) and wants to get her.  She keeps saying she is saving her money for her.  A part of me wants to get her, another part of me doesn't want to spend $100 on another doll..... but the only thing that tells me it's okay, is that they are so something that can be passed on and loved by someone else.  Ally has two "hand me down" American Girls that she loves... and we've only purchased two.  She doesn't have a ton of accessories either.... so I don't feel it's too overwhelming yet.  But... I also feel like the time of playing with dolls is short.... I am conflicted.

Luke has informed me that Ho Ho (what he calls Santa) is bringing him a Red Choo Choo Train, some more Red track, and a Red House for his trains.  :-)))))  I can do the train and house... I'm pretty sure the Thomas Track doesn't come red.  Although we could paint a few pieces of track we already have and he's be none the wiser.  So, I am going to get the Roudhouse and James for Luke... and he will be pretty much done!

I am getting a Color Me playhouse for both the kids... and stocking stuffers and other little things... and that should be good.  I think. Once I get it all out, in never "looks" like enough. Which is a completely stupid way to feel... I know... but still!  :-)

I need to get working on our Christmas cards!  As in addressing them!  I had high hopes of writing a Christmas Letter this year... but I am not sure it's gonna happen.  I would have to take the time to sit down, type it, then have copies made... that doesn't sound like something I'm going to fit into the next few days.........

Tonight, I am taking Ally and some girls to the MSU gymnastics meet... her gymnastics friends!  It should be a lot of fun for them.  I just wish I could find my camera!!!!!!!!!  Ugh.

3 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Looks like the kids are getting plenty...You still have their Bdays, too!

Nicole said...

HAHAHA! I saw what you did and then thought better Mom.... I get all comments emailed. :-) Good catch!