Sunday, December 19, 2010

'Tis the Season...

I am sitting in my living room. The tree is lit up.  Christmas music is softly playing.  A candle is burning. The dogs are laying with Ally, who is on the couch, drawing on the iPad and sending "gifts" to friends and family.  Scott and Luke are downstairs watching the Lions.  All is calm. All is bright.

I am enjoying every moment of it.

All my gifts are wrapped (except for the kids').  Ally did most of the wrapping for me.  She loves to wrap... so why not? Why must all the gifts be perfectly wrapped with no seams and perfect bows?  She got so much joy out of wrapping the gifts her way... and I was happy to have her help!!!

Most of my shopping is done. All I need to do is take inventory of what I have for the kids... and decide what little things we still might need to get for them.  I am still planning on picking up a Color Me playhouse that's on Ally's list... so I need to get to Michaels and do that this week.  Other than that, I think I am all set.  It feels good. But, I can't help but feel that I forgot something. Someone. Who knows.  :-)

This is the calm before the storm that begins tomorrow.  Not a bad storm... just a stream of visitors and events... that kick off with Luke's birthday!  We have invited Grace to spend the day with us tomorrow.  Ally still has school.  Scott, Grace, Luke and I will play the day away at home... bake a cake.... enjoy the time together.  Nana, Papa, Aunt Jane, Uncle Adam, Lyla, Jilli, Auntie Kristen, Uncle Mark and Rhen will join us in the evening for pizza and birthday joy.  It will be a nice day for the little man.  He will be very happy.  I need to get balloons. That's really all he requires.  His favorite people.  Cake. Ice Cream.  Balloons.

Ally's last day of school is Tuesday... and our first day all home together is Wednesday!  I am hoping to do some baking on Wednesday!  YUM!!!!!  Christmas cookies.  Maybe fudge?  All things sweet and wonderful.

Thursday, I will take some time for me... and go to Ann Arbor. Some insane last minute shopping (there is something I need to get there... but it's a surprise!) and a trip to the salon for a much needed hair cut and COLOR! Holy grey roots!!!!

Thursday evening, my brother, David, sister-in-law Mary and niece Maggie will arrive to stay with us through the holidays.  My mom was supposed to come in as well.... but she is driving in right now, as my step-sister is in labor as we "speak!"  She is having a baby girl today... and they are naming her Charlotte.  I cannot wait to meet my new niece!

A busy week.... full of joy, family and eating.... before the excitement of Christmas day!!  Hooray!

We had a wonderful party with friends and co-workers last night.... always a good time when we get together.  It's been a wonderful holiday season so far, full of many people I love to be with..... 

Much more to come.  :-)

No comments: