I took Luke to the afternoon performance, to see how he would do.... and he sat still almost the entire time, completely mesmerized!!! He loved it!!! He loved it so much, that I invited Grace to come to the evening show.... and I think they both had a great time watching all those kids... and especially seeing Ally!
Ally did so well!! She was right there in the front row, on the end (she said it's cuz she's one of the shortest kids and was kinda bummed by that!)... so it was easy for us and the little ones to spot her! During the afternoon show, Luke about came out of his seat when he finally spotted her. It was adorable. "MOMMY!!! I SEE ALLY!!!"
She just stood there like they practiced and sang her little heart out.... remembering all the words and all the hand motions.... I was so proud of her. She said she was nervous... really nervous... and it sure didn't show at all! She looked confident as can be up there!
I wasn't really able to take any pictures.... between Luke sitting on my lap and the darkness of the gym.... I just couldn't get anything decent.... but snapped this one during the afternoon performance of the entire school singing the final song.... "Thank You"
It was pretty impressive to hear those 300 plus voices all singing together.... I was brought to tears at least a couple times the first time around. They were just so adorable!!! It was the feel good show of the season for certain!!!
Ally has an out of uniform day at school today, and an all school Christmas movie and party today... it's supposed to be a fun day.... I think very little work will get done. She was pretty pumped to go to school today and, of course, overly excited to wear her skinny jeans and tall black boots. She is so my daughter. :-)))))
We have been busy around here, preparing for Christmas and house guests next week! I have the majority of the shopping done... but still picking up a few things here and there for the kids every day it seems. I still need to do the stocking stuffers.... and then, I think I'm done. Kind of. ;-) Wrapping has not even begun... but, I am done with work!!!! I do not work again until January 4th, when Ally goes back to school..... so 19 days off in a row.... a nice, nice break!!!
Scott's Christmas party with his department is tonight at Knights... and we have another with work friends of mine tomorrow night. Then, all the friend and work parties are done and the celebrations with family begin!!!! My brother, sister-in-law and niece arrive Thursday evening!!! They will be here with us through next Monday! My Dad, Step-Mom and sibs will all come to visit us Christmas Eve morning and we will celebrate with them!!! Christmas Eve evening, we will celebrate with Scott's family. Christmas morning at home with my brother and family.... and then, to my Grandma's for celebrations with my Mom's side!!! Many aunts, uncles, cousins and my grandma!!! I am looking forward to seeing many, many family members I haven't seen in far too long!!!!
It should be a crazy, but wonderful couple of days..... :-)
In the meantime.... poor Luke's birthday is Monday, the 20th!!!! We are just having immediate family and friends that are family, over Monday evening for pizza and cake and presents! I hated to take up anyone's "Sunday before Christmas" for a birthday party... but will have to do things a bit bigger when he's older. Right now, he is just as happy as can be to have Ally and "Fracie" there. My simple boy, I love you to pieces.
Three years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Wow.
So very much to look forward to.... I hope you are all enjoying the joys of the season!
4 comments:
awww! a very happy birthday to Luke!
I bet the show was great! I'm sure your daughter was SO cute in her skinny jeans and tall black boots! I need to see a pic of this little diva!
Hope Luke has a very happy birthday.
:)
I LOVED the Christmas plays at Queen's. Looked forward to them for weeks. I'm glad they're still doing the tradition...and that Ally had so much fun!! :)
Post a Comment