Monday, June 14, 2010

Who Stole My Weekend?

Holy crap..... it's Monday and I'm at work and I have to be here ALL DAY!  When 2:00 pm rolls around, it's not time for me to go home... nope, not me.  I have to stay until AT LEAST 5:00 pm.  Ugh.......

I don't know where my weekend went..... it started out GREAT!!!! Friday, we went out to Duck Lake with a bunch of families.  I'm just going to send you over to Nicole's blog for a GREAT wrap up of the day.  It was a really great day... with great peeps and the kids were SOOOO GOOD.

That was the last time I had good kids all weekend.  ;-)

Okay, it wasn't THAT bad....... but kinda bad.  :-(  Saturday, we decided to set up Luke's big bed.  Take down the crib, and convert it to the full bed that it turns into.  Luke is 2 1/2 and has been having some trouble with going to bed lately (screaming fits). So, I figured we needed to make a change.  So... we spent the morning setting that up..... and nap time went pretty well, all things considered!  I had to sit with him until he fell asleep, but that took minutes... and then, he slept almost three hours and it seemed like everything was going so well!!!!

We went out and ran some errands after his nap and grabbed a quick dinner out.... enjoyed some Summer Shandy (YUM!!!) and nachos on the Ground Round patio and the kids were really good there..... it was not our typical anniversary dinner out, but it was still nice.

Then, we went home........ and attempted to put Luke to bed.  Tears... and once again, I had to sit with him until he fell asleep... only this time, it took a LOT LONGER.

Then, he woke up around 3:00............ and I could not settle him down until after 5:00...... ugh....... then, was up again at 8:00!!!!! That set the tone for the day.  I was exhausted.  He was exhausted. Ally was mad that we didn't have plans to "go out" that day...... and oh, did I mention it was mine and Scott's 12th anniversary?  :-))))))))))))  It was a really, really BAD day. I get an anniversary do-over dammit!!!!!!!

I am going to go and see if we can get a longer safety rail and see if that keeps Luke "in."  Right now, he climbs out between the rail and the footbard.  He will NOT stay in... AT ALL. I have to sit with him to make him fall asleep. I have NEVER ever done that with either child.  They have ALWAYS fallen asleep on their own, in their bed. This is very important to me!!!!!!!!  I do not want to start a habit I have to break down the road......... AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So, here we are.  It's Monday and I've been up since 4 am when Luke decided he didn't want to sleep anymore....... Scott actually got in bed with him (cuz he knew I was gonna lose it)..... but I couldn't go back to sleep after that. 

Then, this morning - Ally goes to Y Camp.  And, well..... Scott forgot to register her last week.... so I had to spend an hour doing that this morning... and OH!!! Since we didn't register her before, we didn't know that they aren't going to provide lunch this week....... so we had to run out and throw a lunch together for her........ and then, somewhere around five hours after I woke up........ I am getting to work. I feel like I've had a full day BEFORE I even start my day......

It's days like this I wish I stayed home so I could just take a nap when Luke takes a nap..... instead, I have a fairly stressful day of work ahead (another thing that's keeping me up at night).......  Ugh.

So, I will pour the Starbucks down and go about my day.......... and try to find a super high, super long gate during my lunch hour.  ;-)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sweetheart...you are doing a terrific job...It can't last like this forever...

You and Dave used to sleep in the same room...would Luke go for Ally with him...or would they both just be up all night?

Mom

Nicole said...

Love the new look of the blog Nicki! Purple is one of my favorite colors!