Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Photos....

So, I just went into iPhoto... and the last time I took pictures was Ally's recital week.... what the heck is wrong with me?????  So... you see, that is the reason I have not posted any photos. I HAVE NONE!  How sad.... I promise to remedy that soon!  Tomorrow hopefully!!!

Jane and I are going to try to go check out Nixon Pool.  I have never been... and I hear good things about it... so we are going to go their morning session and see if the kiddos have a good time!!!!  Ally is already excited. All I have to do is say "water" and she's in. The girl just loves to swim. And Luke will just be happy his Gracie is there.  :-)

Scott has been in South Haven the past couple days and gets home tomorrow.  Yesterday.... the kids and I had a low key evening... and I even got Luke done early so Ally and I could watch a movie in bed! The ultimate luxury..... she absolutely loves to lay in my bed and watch TV. Even better when Daddy's not home......

Well, there we were, watching Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (laugh, go ahead!) and I hear the tornado siren go off.  Oh shit.  I turn the TV to a local station... and sure enough... some horrid weather is headed our way..... UGH!  Ally totally freaks out. I wait for Luke to wake up (he never does!!!!).  And frankly, I'm a bit freaked out too. I think... ugh, I do not want to go the the basement with the kids (the TV is not working down there, I can only imagine how DARK it would be if we lost power and it's DAMN COLD!). I do not want to wake Luke up either.... so even though the TV people tell me repeatedly to seek shelter, I sit in my bed.

We watch the radar for the next hour and the siren goes off two more times.... that's three times in less than an hour and I am significantly wound up!!!!  Ally is a mess... so I just decide to let her sleep with me. Something I NEVER, ever do.  So..... once the worst seems to have passed.... I turn the TV and light off and try to catch some sleep.

I can't sleep with my children!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! They move funny in their sleep! They kick!  Ally is a mouth breather!  :-))))))  But... I will say this.... the girl must have had some good or funny dreams cuz at least two times in the night, she laughed right out loud.... which, of course, made me laugh.... it was just too funny to hear!

So... I was getting total crap sleep.... up every hour it seemed or laying wide awake. Then, to make matters worse... I had forgotten to turn my alarm off, so just when I am falling asleep and getting some good ZZZZs..... my freakin' alarm goes off at 6am.... then, you guessed it..... Luke wakes up at 7:30.  Good lord.....

Bring on the coffee!!!

Despite the horrid night's sleep... we had a GREAT day!!!!!!  We scrambled this morning a bit to get the house picked up for the cleaning lady. God bless my cleaning lady. I love her!  Ally was a complete and total angel.... and helped me.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard me right!  My little Cinderella cleaned! She cleaned Luke's room, her room, the living room AND the playroom!!!!!!!  Ok, ok, I totally promised her a new ZuZu pet..... but I am not above bribery to get what I want!!!!  ;-)

We took off at lunch time to meet friends, Chelsea and Erin for lunch in Marshall at the Dark Horse - which is a brewpub/restaurant... and it was a GREAT place to take kids! We were like the only people there, sitting outside..... and they have kids toys and a sandbox!!!  Great pizza. Amazing beer. It was like a playground for all ages!!!!!!!  Had a great time at lunch........

Then, I had to take the kids to get their promised ZuZu's... so off to Toys R Us we went.... and since we were in the neighborhood, a quick trip to Target.... where I found some furniture for our deck.... on clearance!!!!!!!!  I was so excited..... and had no clue how I was going to get it home!  My brother in law to the rescue!  He met me, took it home for me, AND put it all together out on the deck!!!  Sooooo exciting....... it's nothing super special..... but it looks decent, it's simple and it was on clearance already!  So, that makes it damn special!  YAY!

I didn't tell Scott... gonna let him be surprised when he gets home tomorrow... then, I'm going to hand the children off... and meet the girls for sushi!!!  :-)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a great day and a fun day ahead for tomorrow! :)

Leslie Collins said...

there is nothing wrong with a little bribery.

Kathy said...

Fun fun...did Scott like the furniture???