Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Warrior...

So... this was my first "four day weekend" since my summer schedule has begun!  I just started working full days last week... and it went just fine! It was actually REALLY nice to have a full day at work. I felt like I could get more accomplished as I wasn't watching a clock to leave by a certain time... I just had the normal work day!  It was great!

I worked three days, then had Thursday and Friday "off."  Thursday was a low-key day at home for Luke and I while Ally went to Y Camp.  Scott and I had plans to go with my department to the Lugnuts game that evening... and we had a sitter coming at 4...... so I just took it easy around the house trying to prepare Luke for the babysitter's arrival.  HA!  We went with some friends of ours and their kids (15 and 11) came to watch our kids. It worked out GREAT!!!!  Luke really likes the 15 year old, Tess and Ally reports that he was as happy as he's ever been with a sitter.  YAY!  Success!

Scott and I carpooled up to Lansing and went to the Nuthouse and then, the game...... and since we didn't have to drive.... the beers just kept comin'.  :-)))))  It was a really fun night out for us.... an adult night out that was defintely needed since we seem to have backed away from "date nights" since Luke's been giving us such a hard time.  Hopefully, we can start the regular good times back up again!!

Friday morning, I wasn't feeling 100%.  I'm not gonna lie.  I had an appointment with the gyno.  Good times with a hangover........ My cousin Becky watched Luke for me while I ran to that appointment and as we left Becky's, he informed me that he "lubs Becky so much"...... it was adorable.......  :-) The feeling is definitely mutual. I am pretty lucky to have a first grade teacher in town who loves my kids!!!  So glad she's got the summer off!  HAHA!!!

After we left Becky's....... we went over to visit with Katie and her three boys....... Luke is in need of some boy time and it's my goal this summer to try to have LOTS of playdates with other kids, but boys in particular...... as he has none in his daily life. Not to say that hanging out with girls is all bad...... I just think that socialization will help some of his issues.....

So, off to Katie's we went... and he had some good, solid, BOY time with Donnie, Nolan and Adrian.  :-)  He kept talking about Donnie the entire rest of the day...... and asked when we were going back to "Donnie's House".  He wasn't exactly outgoing while we were there, but it was a good first time out for him.... and hopefully we can keep the get togethers going as Katie is a teacher and will be home for the summer too!  The girls can have some adult time and coffee and the boys can do their thing.  :-)

We went home on Friday in time for both Mommy and Luke to take a much needed nap.  Man..... I can't drink like I used too.....  ;-) Three hours later (thank you Luke!!!), we got up and went to the store to get something to make for dinner....... had a low-key Mexican Fiesta at the McIntosh house... and called it a Friday night!!!!!!

Saturday, Jane invited the kids and I to go out to Duck Lake with her and Grace since the boys had plans to go golfing........... so, we went out around lunchtime...... and the kids, once again, had a blast at the lake!!!  Luke is sooooo good out there.  He's really comfortable there, loves Jane's mother-in-law, Ann and even her father-in-law, Allan... which is funny cuz he really doesn't like Adam.  :-)))))))  Ally had Alexis, who is just a year younger to play with all day... and while they had their "moments" they really did get along great...... The boys joined us for dinner after golf and a great day was had at the Lake.... AGAIN!!!! 

Whew..... Sunday........ FATHER'S DAY!!!!  We let Daddy sleep in..... and the kids slept in until 8:30 or so too after the long day without a nap at the lake Saturday.  I made Scott his requested breakfast, and Ally decorated the dining room for him.  She even went out and got his Sunday paper!  Over breakfast, I asked him what he wanted to do..... and he said he'd really like to get some more work done outside... and lay low at home..... I was shocked about the working outside part...... but it sounded good to me!

I took the kids into town to do some grocery shopping and got the ingredients for his requested dinner...... and by the time we got back, it was Luke's nap time....... and Ally and I spent some time outside helping him and then, made dinner...... had some wine...... some brownies....... and called it a day!  It was a really great low-key Father's Day at home. Just what he wanted.  :-)

So, a great long weekend all-around!  Saw lots of people, did lots of things and enjoyed a lot of down time.  Kids seemed generally happy...... and that is a GREAT thing!!!!!!!  Happy kids = happy parents!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Most wonderful...sounds like life is "clicking" for you right now....

Love you and see you in a couple weeks!

Mom

Nicole said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Did u preorder the new iPhone?!? I want to hear allll about it!!!