So, it's been a while. Did I leave you dying in suspense?? ;-) Day Three of our trip to Orlando fell on Mother's Day!!! It was a great day. We all slept in from our exhausting day before. We dressed up and went to brunch at the hotel.... and then, we let Ally swim and tried to take it easy for a little while in the morning. We didn't head to Disney until lunchtime... which ended up being a good choice I think. Our destination on that Sunday, was Hollywood Studios. Ally loves this kind of stuff... so she was drawn in by the thought of High School Musical, the Beauty and the Beast Live and the Little Mermaid.
Again, the day was hot, hot, hot. Mid-90s and super humid.... so I think that was wearing on us all. I don't think I would do Disney this time of year again. I do believe it was hotter than normal (lucky us!) but still... I think maybe earlier in the year is a better option. I would rather bundle up cuz it's a bit chilly than suffer the heat.... and the cranky seven year old that results from the heat!
We enjoyed Hollywood Studios and it was easy to see and do most of what we wanted in a short day there. The end of the night was rough... as we went to see Fantasmic and in kind of scared the crap out of Ally. Ally does not do well with anything even slightly scary or suspenseful...... both of my children seem to be overly sensitive to noise as well..... so, that was kind of a bummer cuz we sat for like an hour to see this show.
We quickly took her on the Toy Story ride to cheer her up and end the day on an upswing! That turned out to be a GREAT idea........ as she absolutely loved the ride and it is what she still talks about from Hollywood Studios!!!
Another long day and late night......
(pictures to come :-))))))
Day Four was our "day at the hotel!!!" Scott was in his conference all day... and Ally and I just sat poolside ALL day long!!!!! She made a whole group of girlfriends.... and I ended up talking to all the moms that were also there with their husbands for this trip! We ordered lunch poolisde and generally had a great day in the sun.The only bummer was that Ally got a bit burned..... :(
We went to Downtown Disney that evening when Scott was done for the day and had dinner at a GREAT restaurant that my lovely friend Beth made a reservation for us at! :-))))) Portabella..... it was SO YUMMY.... and I enjoyed some great wine too! We enjoyed walking around the area and building Leggos... getting ice cream and watching people. A great FREE way to get some Disney!!!!
Tuesday, our final, full day... we spent the morning at the mall. ;-) Out of the sun...... We enjoyed lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (a fave of Ally's) and met up with Scott later in the afternoon to head to Sea World! Sea World was a pretty big hit for Ally as she loved all the shows... and most of the rides were age appropriate for her and easy to get on! The highlight was definitely the Shamu show...... and she still talks about it today!
That night, we enjoyed dinner poolside again..... you may notice how much we enjoyed that little perk!!!! Ally loved the nightswimming... and I loved the fact that she was out of the sun. The sun was pretty severe down there and she had enough of it!!!
Wednesday we traveled home....... a long travel day..... a delayed flight....... you know, the typical airport hell........ but we were happy to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pics!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment