Saturday, January 23, 2010

Silly Sibs...

Conversation between Ally and Luke this morning:

Ally: "Am I your best girl?"
Luke: "No"
Ally: "Is mommy your best girl?"
Luke: "No"
Ally: "Is Gracie your best girl?"
Luke: "YES!"

Ally looks at me sadly. Luke looks back and forth and then turns to Ally and says...

"Ally AND Gracie my best girl!"

All smiles from Ally.... so, liking that reaction, he then leans into Ally and says all sheepishly, "Ally my best girl...."

Ally beams... hands over Duncan. They are watching Maisy together and the conversation has moved on to other things... but they are so sweet....

Yesterday, while it was nice to have a down day... a day alone to rest and heal... I got pretty bored and lonely in the middle of the day. My mom called after she read of my boredom and we talked for a good, long time. Then, my brother called, and we talked for about an hour. We had a great talk. I don't get to talk to my brother often. We don't talk often enough maybe... but when we do, the conversations are usually great. They fill me up... make me feel better... they really made my whole day, those conversations with my family members on opposite sides of the country....

I hope no matter where they are, Luke and Ally remember that they have one another to talk to ... about anything and everything... cuz there is really no bond like a sibling bond. They will grow up under the same circumstances, and while they were each born with their own personalities... Scott and I and all that are around them, are shaping them too... and that, they will share forever.

Now, Ally has gotten some toys out and is playing with him, with all the patience in the world. Sometimes, all we need to be told is that we are "someone's girl..." and we will give them the world....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Awwwwwwwe....so sweet Nina...both what Luke AND what YOU said...I am so glad YOU are MY girl!!!!!

Mom

CJR said...

So cute! Makes me actually want to give Rece a sibling...LOL! ;-)