Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Eve...

Today began the week-long celebration of Ally's birthday!!! We started with a big breakfast this morning. Ally requested platzki's... which are a polish delicacy. YUM! Think crepe... we roll them up and put your favorite jelly inside. Ally and I like strawberry. Scott prefers grape. Luke has not quite made up his mind... but he LOVES them too! She also asked for turkey sausage to go with. My kids LOVE the breakfast meats.... ;-)

We enjoyed our breakfast... and we allowed Ally to open the birthday gift that has already arrived for her... from Grandma Kathy in Las Vegas! She was sooooo excited.... she got a new leotard, a deck of cards with her picture on every card, and a gift card to Borders! Also... inside the card, my mom taped seven shiny brand new pennies... and I gotta tell ya mom... this may have been her favorite part! You could have spent seven cents and called it good! ;-) She was totally enamored by those pennies!!!!!!! She says she's "never going to spend them!"

Of course, she had to put her new leotard on right away........


I told her I would take her to the mall today so she could pick out her books. Since Ally and I have such similar personalities, I know she would just have not patience for waiting to get her birthday books.... so off to the mall we went... and she was GIDDY. She poured over the chapter books. Picking one, then putting it back. Really putting thought into her selections.

She ended up with three Junie B Jones books and some book about a puppy. :-) She then, just wanted to go find someplace to sit and read! I had to get to Gymboree to spend my Gymbucks... so she sat in their little chairs and read while I shopped.

Got some GREAT deals... and you know it's like half off when you use those Gymbucks.... okay, not really... but it FEELS like it. I also stocked up on things the kids NEED... like bathing suits, pajamas and an Easter dress for Ally.

Ally continued to read when she and I went to get a snack and a drink..... still reading as I bought shoes..... still reading in the car on the way home...... and then, halfway home, she announces that she has finished a book already!!!! :-) Good lord.......

I love that she is such an avid reader! I'm so proud of her......

We came home to see Daddy and Luke..... Luke got a hold of a pen, and apparently some stickers.......



Hard to see in the picture, but that is ink pen all over his cheeks.... and a flower on his forehead. That's my boy!!!!!

So far, I think Ally has had a good birthday eve. Off to make cupcakes for school now....

No comments: